Wrath of the Lich King - The Realm of Shadows
10 10

306 posts in this topic

Just a friendly reminder. If anyone as any questions/wants clarification on anything. Feel free to post here, and I'll have a response for you as soon as I can get it done.

Keep it civil, keep it constructive.

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, Zerix said:

Just a friendly reminder. If anyone as any questions/wants clarification on anything. Feel free to post here, and I'll have a response for you as soon as I can get it done.

Keep it civil, keep it constructive.

Will the dungeon finder be working? Will spell coefficients, Bosses' HP and Abilities be blizzlike?

8 minutes ago, deathst said:

Will the dungeon finder be working? Will spell coefficients, Bosses' HP and Abilities be blizzlike?

The dungeon finder, if I recall correctly, was not implemented until 3.1 or 3.2. Which is when it will be added, though, it most definitely does work and works well. With all the bells and whistles.

The Bosses are scaled as they would have been on retail, as well as their abilities and HP being exact coefficients from the time. You'll find a very accurate raiding environment from all of the raids T7-10 & dungeons/heroics as well. Hard modes included, by the way.

Edit: It seems it went live with ToC in 3.3.0 That's when I'll enable it. :)

Wait. Does this mean Feenix hasnt been sitting on their asses all this time? 

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Zerix said:

The dungeon finder, if I recall correctly, was not implemented until 3.1 or 3.2. Which is when it will be added, though, it most definitely does work and works well. With all the bells and whistles.

The Bosses are scaled as they would have been on retail, as well as their abilities and HP being exact coefficients from the time. You'll find a very accurate raiding environment from all of the raids T7-10 & dungeons/heroics as well. Hard modes included, by the way.

I just looked and apparently its 3.3.0. I wondered whether youd implement it earlier (since the client is 3.3.4 anyway) for the QoL it brings.

Will the levelling zones like ice crown be correctly scripted with the phasing and vehicle quests and whatnot? Thats usually a problem among most Wotlk servers.

Just now, Tsw said:

Wait. Does this mean Feenix hasnt been sitting on their asses all this time? 

Good joke.

1 person likes this

Will toons from other expansions be able to transfer? If so will you be able to dupe the toon?

Are you gonna do it like an event with having people lvl to 70 Before wotlk comes live?

23 hours ago, deathst said:

I just looked and apparently its 3.3.0. I wondered whether youd implement it earlier (since the client is 3.3.4 anyway) for the QoL it brings.

That's correct. We may enable it before hand.. but definitely not during the leveling process and early gearing stages.

23 hours ago, papoolee said:

Will the levelling zones like ice crown be correctly scripted with the phasing and vehicle quests and whatnot? Thats usually a problem among most Wotlk servers.

Yes. Don't worry about vehicle combat being any issue.

23 hours ago, xzxepicxzx said:

Please focus on SWP first!

Don't worry, my friend. We have the next three bosses coming sometime this week or next. Depending on tests. They're ready for you.

23 hours ago, Vittnet said:

Will toons from other expansions be able to transfer? If so will you be able to dupe the toon?

Are you gonna do it like an event with having people lvl to 70 Before wotlk comes live?

Short answer: Maybe, maybe not. Two different bases, so it'd be a challenge.

5 people like this

Is there a planned gap between tier releases? If not, any guesses, or how will server be informed about them?

Just now, Clarenstomas said:

Is there a planned gap between tier releases? If not, any guesses, or how will server be informed about them?

So, what I'm imagining in my head is what we'll try to do. Imagine this:

There will be a gap in between content due to the fact that once you kill the bosses, it's still not done. There are meta achievements, GDKP runs, mounts and titles to get alongside killing the bosses. This is something we haven't had before outside of a few outliers here and there. 

The idea is this: (and this is obviously not final, or guaranteed just a concept).

• Release Tier 7 (VoA, Naxx, OS & EoE) two weeks after launch. The content is over once Sarth +3 has been done AND KT has been Killed on 25 man. This does NOT mean this is when the tier ends. We'll decide collectively when the tier is considered over. Then there will be an announcement that the next tier and PvP season will be coming.
  • Once we announce 3.1, which contains Ulduar and some other things including PvP Season 6 (Correct me if I am wrong). Which means Yogg + 0 will be the head honcho and the thing we consider the last element of the tier. 

You get the idea. Yes there will be content gaps. But not like you see on AA. This is more or less a gating of content so that it's met by its fullest potential and then, only then, will we release something else. Once it's exhausted and all there is to get is achieved.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Wurdulak said:

How will you handle Deathknights? 

Level any char to 55 and switch to dk?

Yes. The DK starting experience is also very smooth and well polished. Once you hit 58 then you can leave the starting zone after having finished all of the quests and be on your way to Outland.

4 minutes ago, Zerix said:

So, what I'm imagining in my head is what we'll try to do. Imagine this:

There will be a gap in between content due to the fact that once you kill the bosses, it's still not done. There are meta achievements, GDKP runs, mounts and titles to get alongside killing the bosses. This is something we haven't had before outside of a few outliers here and there. 

The idea is this: (and this is obviously not final, or guaranteed just a concept).

• Release Tier 7 (VoA, Naxx, OS & EoE) two weeks after launch. The content is over once Sarth +3 has been done AND KT has been Killed on 25 man. This does NOT mean this is when the tier ends. We'll decide collectively when the tier is considered over. Then there will be an announcement that the next tier and PvP season will be coming.
  • Once we announce 3.1, which contains Ulduar and some other things including PvP Season 6 (Correct me if I am wrong). Which means Yogg + 0 will be the head honcho and the thing we consider the last element of the tier. 

You get the idea. Yes there will be content gaps. But not like you see on AA. This is more or less a gating of content so that it's met by its fullest potential and then, only then, will we release something else. Once it's exhausted and all there is to get is achieved.

I just wanna thank you Zerix, the work you guys have done on Feenix is amazing with this server release AND the next 3 SWP bosses coming! The last few months have been amazing on Archangel from the point of view of someone who has been playing here for a long time. 

And to top it all off, the timely reponses to questions is just the icing on the cake. I just hope you guys on the Feenix team contiue to be more "transparent" and responsive to the community!

We lav ya guys <3

1 person likes this

Just now, papoolee said:

I just wanna thank you Zerix, the work you guys have done on Feenix is amazing with this server release AND the next 3 SWP bosses coming! The last few months have been amazing on Archangel from the point of view of someone who has been playing here for a long time. 

And to top it all off, the timely reponses to questions is just the icing on the cake. I just hope you guys on the Feenix team contiue to be more "transparent" and responsive to the community!

We lav ya guys <3

It's honestly a team effort. We all appreciate the support ^^

1 person likes this

Will there be a possibility to vote for all rates x1? I prefere a Blizzlike atmosphere to a funserver.

6 minutes ago, Quel said:

Will there be a possibility to vote for all rates x1? I prefere a Blizzlike atmosphere to a funserver.

Good question. We're discussing multiple options for rates, which we have not finalized. If that's a popular request, we'll consider it even further.

2 people like this