Wrath of the Lich King - The Realm of Shadows
10 10

306 posts in this topic

Just now, Tarhunzas said:

What about talents? will they be the latest wotlk patch talents?

Yes. But, being that they're very balanced and properly scripted, it should be a seamless experience while leveling, gearing and raiding.

I am actually conerned about that because of the latest talent patch of the wotlk scaled for the latest raid. it ll be a problem in pvp as I have experienced it on other servers. Would you consider that too? 

Will Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle be available on release? I am guessing Titansteel Bar crafting will have a CD? Also, depending on the XP Rates, will Professions rates and Rep rates be altered, too? 

Will pets work?

The scaling with petowners values like HP/Armor/resistances/AP/SP on Petclassses mostly lock / hunter  is beyond broken on Archangle.

The pathing i understand as this is not an easy task , but to look up spell coefficients from wowiki & co  and implement them in your code can not be hard or ?

Good luck.

Edited by Dende123

24 minutes ago, Tarhunzas said:

I am actually conerned about that because of the latest talent patch of the wotlk scaled for the latest raid. it ll be a problem in pvp as I have experienced it on other servers. Would you consider that too? 

Well, the PvP should be balanced. And it was from our preliminary tests, at least. We are easily able to make tuning changes if need be once the realm is launched and we've been able to gauge the response.

24 minutes ago, Freeupmyguys said:

What population are you expecting?

We're hoping to restore the project to its former glory. We've got something very special on the WotLK realm for everyone to experience. It's impossible to expect a specific population, but it would amazing if we could get at least 1000 people online and competing against each other on multiple fronts.

23 minutes ago, deathst said:

Will Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle be available on release? I am guessing Titansteel Bar crafting will have a CD? Also, depending on the XP Rates, will Professions rates and Rep rates be altered, too? 

If it was available at the launch of WotLK it will be available here. Anything from after T7 should not be available as it'll provide unfair advantage in PvP/PvE competition. The profession rates are going to be increased, as well as reputation (I believe, I will have to check for sure).

20 minutes ago, Dende123 said:

Will pets work?

The scaling with petowners values like HP/Armor/resistances/AP/SP on Petclassses mostly lock / hunter  is beyond broken on Archangle.

The pathing i understand as this is not an easy task , but to look up spell coefficients from wowiki & co  and implement them in your code can not be hard or ?

Good luck.

Absolutely. You're gonna see some great movement improvements on RoS. It'll be a night and day difference from AA, and pet functionality as a whole is MUCH improved. 
When it comes to spell coefficients, we've not discussed this yet, but we MAY be able to change them to fit the patches to be more accurate. Not hard, just not discussed. Don't quote me on this yet.

20 minutes ago, bish said:

Will there be vote-/RPshop on the highrate?

Edit: yes

IMPORTANT - Added to the main post:

Our Wotlk PTR is available and online
If you want to see for yourself and try out our Wotlk PTR - Pm me for an account and details 

TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!

New Server = no more SWP progression? 2 month with 2 bosses...  Felmyst in a year, Kil'jaeden in 2-3 years?

Why so skeptical? Beause ZA time run, Chess event, Gruul, 1+ year without t6 last bosses, etc, etc

5 minutes ago, shaker88 said:

New Server = no more SWP progression? 2 month with 2 bosses...  Felmyst in a year, Kil'jaeden in 2-3 years?

Why so skeptical? Beause ZA time run, Chess event, Gruul, 1+ year without t6 last bosses, etc, etc

Not at all. Felmyst, Twins and Muru are being released this week. Kil'jaeden is being worked on!

6 minutes ago, shaker88 said:

Next three bosses SWP tomorrow or in a week they said.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Fyrinx said:

Will there be a good chance for most spells and scripts to be working?

You can bet safely that 96-97% of the spells and scripts have little to no issue whatsoever. There's always something, however. That's why we have a bug tracker ^^

As there are players going to play on that PTR server will the characters be kept to when the server is officially released?

Just now, Fyrinx said:

As there are players going to play on that PTR server will the characters be kept to when the server is officially released?

i highly doubt it 

Just now, Fyrinx said:

No, this is simply just to check out how the server looks and feels and maybe some advantage in leveling strategies. Mostly for us to gather helpful feedback and issue reports if found.

I am up for keeping it as highrate realm, over the years most of the people expect from you high rate realms. I have played on XY (7x rate) and there is huge demand from players to play on fresh high rate realm. you could get lot more attention and players if you release it as high rate realm, since there is high demand for it. 70-80 1x would be the worst decition from all three options in my opinion. Also, if you want to make it high rate realm it would be propably better to open season 1 week after release, so there is more competition in racing for realm firsts. If you are competitive player you can get pre raid bis in 3-5 days depending on class and loot rng. 2 weeks is too much and it would make T7 race much easier for all experienced guilds (t7 is a lot easier then t8 even if you dont have 200ilvl dungeon geared group). I play wotlk for 7 years expansion (multiple realm firsts as warrior, R1 titles), so I am talking from my own experience.

(Btw for people reading: I am looking for realm first rushing guild (ali side pref) propably as Warrior again, there is no forum section yet I think, so I am writing it there)

I think you need to edit the main post, you said ToC and ICC coming later. Include Ulduar in that also.

Also put a poll for the rates and make a sub forum for the WOTLK realm.

Good luck guys!

Nice to hear from @Zerix!!! the only thing coming through my mind about content is Wintergrasp...I hope it is or will be fully  functional because I found it very entertaining. Along with that, I pray for the Tenacity buff to be correctly given to overcome the possible faction imbalance :)

19 minutes ago, Bluku said:

I think you need to edit the main post, you said ToC and ICC coming later. Include Ulduar in that also.

Also put a poll for the rates and make a sub forum for the WOTLK realm.

Good luck guys!

There are a few grammar issues etc in the post also :(

Just now, dioporc said:

Nice to hear from @Zerix!!! the only thing coming through my mind about content is Wintergrasp...I hope it is or will be fully  functional because I found it very entertaining. Along with that, I pray for the Tenacity buff to be correctly given to overcome the possible faction imbalance :)

Well, good news. Wintergrasp is fully functional and enabled :D Try it on PTR.

1 minute ago, dioporc said:

I got 15% when testing solo. Breaking walls, earning ranks to get different vehicles, nps, vehicles working as far as I can tell from my limited testing

3 minutes ago, Tsw said:

There are a few grammar issues etc in the post also :(

wait are you the guy who makes those sick warrior videos?