Wrath of the Lich King - The Realm of Shadows
10 10

306 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2017 at 10:45 PM, Bluku said:

wait are you the guy who makes those sick warrior videos?

No, that's not @Tsw, that's @Minoas.

Edited by Clarenstomas

5 minutes ago, Fyrinx said:

Will there be more testing of raids and dungeons before the release?

As far as I know, yes

As per announcement post:

NOTE: 
If you are interested in trying out the Wotlk expansion on our PTR already, it is available for testing
For more information, PM Zerix on the forums. 

So he's the man to ask.

If I hear anything, I will do my best to post here. Consider clicking the "+" icon at the top of the page to follow this thread to be emailed when new replies are posted here.

My friend and I can't wait to play Wrath from start again. Specially as I can read with high-rate xp. When you have played WoW from beginning, leveling gets a bit tedious :D

#Hype!

Feenix WotlK. Nice! Looking forward to this, good job (y) 

Btw, please keep high rate. If you decide to do 1x, please make it a voulantary option. Other servers i know are mostly 1x so high rate might attract some players imo.

21 hours ago, Sangrex said:

Will the beta be available to all?  And will we keep the toon once it goes full live?

The PTR is available to all and will be. The toons wont be kept from PTR -> Live, but you will be at an advantage knowing what to do and how to pace your leveling. If you're interested in testing, send me a PM.

6 hours ago, Fyrinx said:

Will there be more testing of raids and dungeons before the release?

All of the raids WILL be thoroughly tested before they're released to the Live realms, yes. 

6 minutes ago, Huntingelf said:

#Hype!

Feenix WotlK. Nice! Looking forward to this, good job (y) 

Btw, please keep high rate. If you decide to do 1x, please make it a voulantary option. Other servers i know are mostly 1x so high rate might attract some players imo.

The high rates are on by default, however, the 1x is completely optional and you're more than welcome to select that for your character if you wish! Best of both worlds.

23 hours ago, Goanna said:

Hey there! Apparantly I've been made unavailable to post on my former account (Dangelang). 

I would like to inquire into a few topics regarding the new server: 

1. How will the donation/VP policy work? 
  2. Who will be in charge with community management? 
  3. To what extent will Feenix administration have a say in the server? 
  4. How much do Feenix' wotlk scripts/db adjustments truly differ from the latest standard WOTLK cores? 

Cheers

Sorry this got buried in the questions. I'd be happy to answer them for you.

1.) This is really not my question to answer as a developer. What I know is this, the rewards will be limited by progression as to not provide unfair advantage.

2.) This is a good question. Community management is being handled by our excellent GM team lead by Fleisher. He's your man!

3.) Well.. Realm of Shadows is a Feenix realm, ran by Feenix development, management and administration. It's a team effort.

4.) A good question. This server has a bunch of different optimizations and performance improvements you're not going to see on base Sunwell/Trinity/Mangos. While it is obviously derivative of those cores, it branches off in a lot of ways. Perhaps a lot of the core functionality that wasn't perfected with those cores was very much improved here. Achievement system, BG system, and Dungeon finder. Those things a typically super slow and clunky with a lot of projects. But the real bread winner is the scripting. The scripts are very polished and properly created and tested.. really provides a nice backbone for the server doesn't it? Without being too technical, I can just say that it's quite polished and very refined. A lot of work goes into what we do, and thankfully we've got, what I consider, a diamond in the rough of emulation. 

TL;DR - It's just better all around. More polished. Fine tuned. Better.

3 people like this

Super hyped for this !!

I didn't get a clear response.. I'm sorry... Just to confirm.. if all goes well we can start playing on the 25th and will keep the characters?  Or is beta like a test stage then on live server is wiped?

Thanks again!!

7 hours ago, Sangrex said:

Super hyped for this !!

I didn't get a clear response.. I'm sorry... Just to confirm.. if all goes well we can start playing on the 25th and will keep the characters?  Or is beta like a test stage then on live server is wiped?

Thanks again!!

It will be wiped

yea what does " beta release " exactly mean ? is this realm meant to stay or to be seen as an "open beta" stage before a real release?

Hello,

All Feenix live realms are considered beta, as they are work in progress. The live release on the 25th is a full release - you will keep your characters while the server and releases progress.

kind regards,
Fleisher

1 person likes this

Hello Fluffylol,

Please check your PM. I will leave you detailed guide how to join our PTR.

kind regards,
Fleisher

You gotta message Zerix to get access to the PTR afaik.

Edit: nvm fleisher is quick!

Edited by papoolee

I PMd Zerix as well, but got no reply. Maybe he's getting busy with all the messages. I would like to join the realm as well!

Hello,

Please check your PM Dioporc, details inside.

Fleisher

1 person likes this

I also PMd him but no reply, need a new account, never played on any feenix realm before. Looking forward to this one!

Hello everyone,

Zerix, our main Developer is operating from US time zones, so during EU times you are free to message me about Realmlist and details about our WotLK PTR.

kind regards,
Fleisher

4 minutes ago, Fleisher said:

Hello everyone,

Zerix, our main Developer is operating from US time zones, so during EU times you are free to message me about Realmlist and details about our WotLK PTR.

kind regards,
Fleisher

Exactly that. I only just now am getting to my desk.

If you're interested still, and I've not yet responded nor has Fleisher, do send us messages!

1 person likes this