Introducing Classic Mouseover (CM)
7 7

107 posts in this topic

Overview

Classic Mouseover (CM) is an addon that enables mouseover macro functionality for unit frames and allows them to be key bound normally. CM borrows heavily from Clique and is an extraction of the work that I posted about on this thread.

Supported Unitframes

• ag_UnitFrames
  • Blizzard Raid Frames and Units Frames
  • Blizzard Units
  • CTRA
  • DUF
  • Grid & GridEnhanced
  • PerfectRaid
  • sRaidFrames
  • XeekUI
  • XPerl (Player Pet and Assist Frame don't work)
  • More Upon Request

Usage

Simply make a macro like show below, substituting the spell name specific to your macro and bind it to an appropriate key.

Max Rank Example

/cmcast Dispel Magic

Specific Rank Example

/cmcast Dispel Magic(Rank 1)

Change Log

• GridEnhanced support added

• CTRA support added.

• PerfectRaid support added.

• sRaidFrame support added.

• Fix for buggy targetlasttarget code.

• Now properly retargets your last target if casting a hostile spell.

• Added support for DUF

• Added Support for Blizzard Raid and Unit Frames
  • Added new macro syntax (see usage)

• Added Support for XPerl
  • Added Warning message when Auto Self Cast is enabled

Testing and Feedback

This addon has received only limited testing as I'm not 60 yet and haven't had the chance to test in a real raid environment. I would very much appreciate it if some folks who are currently raiding test this addon and leave the feedback here.

Edited by Vallan
7 people like this

Holy shit, yes!

XPerl? I am not happy with the Grid dimensions so I would rather gimp myself with rectangles than face the soul crushing squares that are Grid in Vanilla.

Also, I would be happy to test this in raids. I am assuming that I do not need Clique downloaded only the addon you have posted in #1?

Thank you for your time and effort. B)

I'm glad you're excited.

I am very, very excited. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

***How would I cast a higher rank of spell?

/script CM:Cast("Lesser Healing Wave????")

I am very, very excited. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

/script CM:Cast("Lesser Healing Wave????")

Simply write this: Lesser Healing Wave(Rank X)

Is it not supported for mousing directly over players outside of a unit frame addon? I am targeting random people AFKing blissfully in Org and it continues to heal me instead.

***/script CM:Cast("Lesser Healing Wave(Rank 6)")

Doesn't seem to be working either off-Grid or on Grid.

****I got an LUA error when I accidentally lowercassed "C" in "Cast" but, otherwise, I get no LUA complaints while CM continues to be intransigent.

I'm wondering if there is any way to get focus frames to work for some unit frame addons (ag_unit / xperl / etc) I think not, but maybe some genius has an answer B)

If its going to be a TON of work, don't bother unless you feel like you want to. IMO mouseover works best when you have the ability to target more than your current target at will other than by using a /tar macro. Just some thoughts.

-- Soge

But is there even a script ability to be able to focus something in Vanilla? If this is possible, that would also be a large improvement UI wise but I'm not sure if there is even a command for that let alone a unit frame.

Is it not supported for mousing directly over players outside of a unit frame addon? I am targeting random people AFKing blissfully in Org and it continues to heal me instead.

Mouse over the target frame and cast B) This is a mouseover macro after all. I don't think we can/should have it both ways. Healers will want to target a boss for example but heal raid members, etc. Bottom line: If you're not moused over a unit frame it's not going to do anything.

This should work just like the arguments to /cast macros. If you don't supply the argument for rank it will default to you max macro.

Example:

/script CM:Cast("Lesser Heal(Rank 3)")

I'm wondering if there is any way to get focus frames to work for some unit frame addons (ag_unit / xperl / etc) I think not, but maybe some genius has an answer :)

I think the best i could do is store the name of the charachter/npc that you want to focus. If two mobs have the same name it'd be a crap shoot. It would work great for boss interrupts and stuff. I'll play with it the next few days and see what i can come up with.

@Egregious: Is your rank problem fixed?

The rank problem is fixed, yes, thank you. I noticed that without the rank stipulation the macro was defaulting to max rank.

I was referring to casting directly on a player not to a Blizzard frame. Casting on the player directly was not working for me either; nor, for some reason, was casting on a grid frame. I think I goofed but I can't figure out where.

*** It should look like this, -- /script[space]CM:Cast("Lesser Healing Wave(Rank 6)") -- yes? With only the one space?

I am on Meters right now if you happen to be in-game or would rather not commune across the forums.

XPerl? I am not happy with the Grid dimensions so I would rather gimp myself with rectangles than face the soul crushing squares that are Grid in Vanilla.

Xperl is so gross on the inside.........

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! You should totally do the grey out when players are out of range. But, can't fix the world soooo don't stress yourself.

KTHXYOUAREMYHERO!

I'm wondering if there is any way to get focus frames to work for some unit frame addons (ag_unit / xperl / etc) I think not, but maybe some genius has an answer B)

I messed around a bit trying to make focus work. There doesn't appear to be any way to target a unit by name, besides "/target", so I don't think this is gonna happen.

This may be a stupid question to ask, but does this work only for friendly/raid players or it can be used on hostile aswell? I really miss mouseover pummel/disarm/intim shout.

P.S. With this addon, you got yourself one more endless admirer.

Quality of Life issue.

When you cast at someone who is out of range, dead, offline or unable to be healed your cast works the same was as if you were manually selecting the spell without a target and you are then required to manually target someone else. So your hand/cursor has the outline which means you have a spell queued but does not cast when you mouseover another player.

So, I am sitting here spamming after having targeted moused over someone out of range and I cannot heal the people in range until I press escape because the spell is queued and cannot be cast. */inhale*

I think this is fixable. I'll bring up an error message like target is out of range or dead or something and not attempt to cast on it.

So, I am sitting here spamming after having targeted moused over someone out of range and I cannot heal the people in range until I press escape because the spell is queued and cannot be cast. */inhale*

I figured it out.

Don't use

/cmcast Heal
/cast Heal

Only use

/cmcast Heal

If you want to see cooldowns and gcd's i'd suggest move the macros to an out of the way, or hidden, part of your bars and putting the spells from your spellbook where you often look.