Boomkin viable 5-10man and end-raids?

50 posts in this topic

As you can see, fire mages gain 10%+10% from CoE and Improved ignite, warlocks and spriests gain 10%+15% from CoS and S.W.

A moonkin can only possibly gain 10% from CoS and that doesn't even affect wrath(if that's even a spell you guys cast, idk).

Wrath gets +20% damage from enchancement shamans Stormstrike.

P.S. Btw, that makes horde balance druids a bit more viable than alliance ones.

Stormstrike has 2 charges as opposed to the aforementioned debuffs.

Stormstrike is only available to yet another wasted raidspot, the enhancement shaman(but that's a different discussion).

You should never use wrath if stormstrike isnt up in a 40man, without the -resistance from a curse you will end up having a lot of your spells doing half damage or less.

You should never use wrath if stormstrike isnt up in a 40man, without the -resistance from a curse you will end up having a lot of your spells doing half damage or less.

I knew you will say that, so...

-nature resistance debuff provided by warriors tanks with legendary Thunderfury weapon.

I knew you will say that, so...

-nature resistance debuff provided by warriors tanks with legendary Thunderfury weapon.

Which is like 20? CoS is -75. Which isnt enough on feenix actually.

Which is like 20? CoS is -75. Which isnt enough on feenix actually.

Small bonus is not the same as no bonus at all.

This druid here is constantly getting 3-4k starfire crits, divide that by 3 seconds and you have about 1000 or so dps although you wouldnt be critting every cast nor hitting for that matter, so taking that into consideration I would consider in BIS gear maybe having like 600-700 dps, but thats just me.

Hi...

First thing,,,i have a moonkin that i have been twiking for 3 months....i realy not in he heart to heal, and i had the free time to do the math and restro druid are maybe the besst use of the T3 gear; but the aure is imprten to raids and help, now as for the DPS - druid dps can not be accumalted in short battle but the fast cast speed - low mana cost of wrath is worthy, if u go for long time dps, u will see a mookin flasked and buffed go longer then any other caster with those , more imprten , locks my do best dps, but life trap has it cost on healers so when u do the math of a 20/40 man raids. bookin are great dps, i do 1100+ on hit and i cast faster the any other, starfire can do 3000+ and it happen to me, so to answer all the posts here, to be a GOOD DPS, is a long and heard work, try tall a pug leader u need a idol for bloodvine lags....to be Great DPS is, hmm WORTH IT !!!! lol i love the chats posts after mater show i out dps locks and mages ,,, ;) so go healer but allwys request to roll MS on DPS GEAR that is good for moonkin.

LOL 1300 dps as boomkin

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAAHAHAAHAHAAHA

Are they viable dps? Probably not. Is there a spot for them? Maybe. 3%spell crit, battle res, innervate for others and they can be the faerie fire debuffer with their + hit gear.

Well, as a full BiS + Some BWL/AQ40 items.

i'v been booming for my guild through mc/bwl/aq40.

Even though my dps was around ~1000 (raidbuffs+flask +2k mana)

I was still being able to get raid spots.

Why? not nessesairly for my DPZ oh noes.

Mostly all the Hpallys/locks/mages had the last word in the fight if they wanted me or not.

Not that i was carried, but they sure loved my +3% spellcrit.

However, Booming is viable in 5 mans and raids.

You still need full bufs / flasks / scroll and all other benefits for SP/Mp5 are required to function decently.

I mean, want to drop a boomkin, if it generally benefits ur party DPS.

That makes up the diffrence imo.

Regards Lorea. (:

Few days ago I spoke with a moonkin from Praeda, wearing various fancy epics and actual regalia. Most likely first and the last moonkin to ever get one, ha ha. He said his best DPS so far was 680 if I remember correctly, but he also added that he was lucky with crits. So clearly it must be viable. Also let's not forget the crit aura, which raises raid dps (not sure how to calculate that, but we can add that to our geared 600 dps moonkin). Also having to use all consumables isn't really an argument since every raider in a serious guild does that, on progression at least.

But yes, chugging mana potions is expensive and you'll have to deal with ignorant people. Also the 16 debuff implementation will hurt owl dps, since they won't be allowed to use Moonfire any more.

and actual regalia. Most likely first and the last moonkin to ever get one, ha ha.

I know several booms with it.

Also as a warlock I crave boomkins :)

A fairly decent DPS with a great party buff, Brez and Innervate. Yah, why would any raid want that?

If I remember, this is what I ran in AQ. I was not a Naxx raider, at least, not really competitively since I wasn't in a decent guild at the time.

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_11_85d55c11551351q501503j

Emphasis is on mana conservation. I don't recall utilizing Omen much unless I was absolutely drained and no pots were up, so if you absolutely need 2/2 on range talent, drop that. Trims unneeded talents that won't be used in a raid, or will be covered by resto druids. Reflection is super nice to have.

I don't remember ever being sat on fights due to damage. In fact I remember running 2 boomkins on more then 1 ocasion to buff our caster groups.

Don't forget if a MT healer is knocked out and is not ressable, a boomkin is a fair substitute.

Working on getting pre-raid BiS stuff at the moment, pretty sure I'm like the only boomkin on ED haha

What's more important? +spell damage? mp5? +spell crit? +spell hit? loads of +int?

I got extremely lucky on a mara run yesterday and got [blade of Eternal Darkness] yesterday, which should help a lot with its +mana proc

Working on getting pre-raid BiS stuff at the moment, pretty sure I'm like the only boomkin on ED haha

What's more important? +spell damage? mp5? +spell crit? +spell hit? loads of +int?

I got extremely lucky on a mara run yesterday and got [blade of Eternal Darkness] yesterday, which should help a lot with its +mana proc

Crit > int > spell dmg is what our resident moonkin went with and he did allright. Your DPS is extremely crit dependant, since you get a shorter cast time on Starfire when you crit, and that is pretty much all you cast.

Distilled Wisdom and mana pot spam goes without saying of course.

As for hit I honestl don't know - you need to get that blue tailoring set and be a tailor yourself to benefit from the set bonus. It's cloth stuff - you should browse Warsong druid forums, quite some information there.

Good luck ^^.

Crit > int > spell dmg is what our resident moonkin went with and he did allright. Your DPS is extremely crit dependant, since you get a shorter cast time on Starfire when you crit, and that is pretty much all you cast.

Alright

As for hit I honestl don't know - you need to get that blue tailoring set and be a tailor yourself to benefit from the set bonus. It's cloth stuff - you should browse Warsong druid forums, quite some information there.

Good luck ^^.

Bloodvine? Isn't that from ZG? ZG isn't out yet on ED (We don't even have dire maul yet!)

EDIT: which of these would be better then, for example?

Chestplate of Tranquility

Binds when picked up Chest Leather 174 Armor

+20 Intellect

+6 Spirit

+10 Stamina

Durability 100 / 100

Requires Level 57

Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 23.

or

Tunic of the Crescent Moon

Binds when picked up Chest Leather 176 Armor

+14 Stamina

+12 Intellect

+11 Spirit

Durability 100 / 100

Requires Level 58

Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 15.

Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike with spells by 1%.