49 replies to this topic

#21 tzar

Private

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostShapeshifter, on 27 January 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

Oomkin is a novelty in vanilla, it's not viable. No +hit talents = garbage in pve. You can't stack 16% hit without severely gimping your spell dmg and crit. You can run 24/0/27 and dps trash for shits and giggles, but you really need to be healing on bosses.
Warrior - no +hit talens = garbage in pve.
non survival spec Hunter - no +hit talents = garbage in pve.
Warlock - no +hit talents for shadowbolt = garbage in pve.

Hope I got it right...
But for some reason I feel it's wrong... B)

#22 Anarchos

Spartan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostShapeshifter, on 27 January 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

Oomkin is a novelty in vanilla, it's not viable. No +hit talents = garbage in pve. You can't stack 16% hit without severely gimping your spell dmg and crit. You can run 24/0/27 and dps trash for shits and giggles, but you really need to be healing on bosses.
This is a horrible reasoning.

Not having hit from talents is a vanilla thing, they humped up and fixed it by burning crusade with better itemization and specs. That doesn't mean your dps will be bad. And that's not the reason why moonkins are totally atrocious when it comes to steady dps.

They don't have a decent bread and butter spell (starfire/wrath?), nor do they have any good support debuff like CoS/CoE/Improved ignite/Shadow weaving.

As you can see, fire mages gain 10%+10% from CoE and Improved ignite, warlocks and spriests gain 10%+15% from CoS and S.W.
A moonkin can only possibly gain 10% from CoS and that doesn't even affect wrath(if that's even a spell you guys cast, idk).

View Postkonny, on 27 January 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

Same @ you.
Btw, who are you and why am I still responding? :s

Anarchos, dude of chaos.

<envenom>

Anarcha, dudette of chaos.

<work in progress>

#23 Silbotronic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

I did around 350 dps in (mostly) 5-man gear, this was fully raid buffed with elixirs (not flask though). Problem is that you run out of mana pretty fast so be prepared to chug mana pots like it's no tomorrow.

#24 Anarchos

Spartan

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostSilbotronic, on 27 January 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

I did around 350 dps in (mostly) 5-man gear, this was fully raid buffed with elixirs (not flask though). Problem is that you run out of mana pretty fast so be prepared to chug mana pots like it's no tomorrow.
This surprises me in a positive way, however, my fire mage has no trouble dealing 400+ dps without elixirs/mana pots (full bloodvine and 3/8d2 and rest is all green/blue, basically 200+fire damage and 5 spell hit)

Anarchos, dude of chaos.

<envenom>

<work in progress>

#25 Dengi

Forest Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostSilbotronic, on 27 January 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

That is using a wrath rotation right? The biggest problem with moonkins are that you need to use arcane spells in 40mans really, also you need a lot of hit. your DPS will be around half in 40man.

#26 tzar

Private

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostAnarchos, on 27 January 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

As you can see, fire mages gain 10%+10% from CoE and Improved ignite, warlocks and spriests gain 10%+15% from CoS and S.W.
A moonkin can only possibly gain 10% from CoS and that doesn't even affect wrath(if that's even a spell you guys cast, idk).
Wrath gets +20% damage from enchancement shamans Stormstrike.

P.S. Btw, that makes horde balance druids a bit more viable than alliance ones.

#27 Anarchos

Spartan

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

View Posttzar, on 28 January 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

Stormstrike has 2 charges as opposed to the aforementioned debuffs.
Stormstrike is only available to yet another wasted raidspot, the enhancement shaman(but that's a different discussion).

Anarchos, dude of chaos.

<envenom>

<work in progress>

#28 Dengi

Forest Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Posttzar, on 28 January 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

You should never use wrath if stormstrike isnt up in a 40man, without the -resistance from a curse you will end up having a lot of your spells doing half damage or less.

#29 tzar

Private

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostDengi, on 28 January 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

You should never use wrath if stormstrike isnt up in a 40man, without the -resistance from a curse you will end up having a lot of your spells doing half damage or less.
I knew you will say that, so...
-nature resistance debuff provided by warriors tanks with legendary Thunderfury weapon.

#30 Dengi

Forest Troll

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

View Posttzar, on 28 January 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I knew you will say that, so...
-nature resistance debuff provided by warriors tanks with legendary Thunderfury weapon.

Which is like 20? CoS is -75. Which isnt enough on feenix actually.

#31 tzar

Private

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostDengi, on 28 January 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Which is like 20? CoS is -75. Which isnt enough on feenix actually.

Small bonus is not the same as no bonus at all.

#32 Cysthen

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

This druid here is constantly getting 3-4k starfire crits, divide that by 3 seconds and you have about 1000 or so dps although you wouldnt be critting every cast nor hitting for that matter, so taking that into consideration I would consider in BIS gear maybe having like 600-700 dps, but thats just me.
Posted Image
Cysthen - Protection Paladin Co-GM of <Chainpull> (Warsong) Alliance
Tankadin Guide: http://www.wow-one.c...tankadin-guide/
Check out my Band Page on Facebook. Releasing my EP soon. https://www.facebook.com/Cysthen

#33 Cysthen

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Also I think he has berserker in all these... lmao.. nvm
Posted Image
Cysthen - Protection Paladin Co-GM of <Chainpull> (Warsong) Alliance
Tankadin Guide: http://www.wow-one.c...tankadin-guide/
Check out my Band Page on Facebook. Releasing my EP soon. https://www.facebook.com/Cysthen

#34 Grayshadow

Stone Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

Hi...
First thing,,,i have a moonkin that i have been twiking for 3 months....i realy not in he heart to heal, and i had the free time to do the math and restro druid are maybe the besst use of the T3 gear; but the aure is imprten to raids and help, now as for the DPS - druid dps can not be accumalted in short battle but the fast cast speed - low mana cost of wrath is worthy, if u go for long time dps, u will see a mookin flasked and buffed go longer then any other caster with those , more imprten , locks my do best dps, but life trap has it cost on healers so when u do the math of a 20/40 man raids. bookin are great dps, i do 1100+ on hit and i cast faster the any other, starfire can do 3000+ and it happen to me, so to answer all the posts here, to be a GOOD DPS, is a long and heard work, try tall a pug leader u need a idol for bloodvine lags....to be Great DPS is, hmm WORTH IT !!!! lol i love the chats posts after mater show i out dps locks and mages ,,, ;) so go healer but allwys request to roll MS on DPS GEAR that is good for moonkin.
The Imposible only take abit longer

#35 Acceleration

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

Boomkin's are viable
CONVULSION TRIDENT COORDINATOR

#36 Zelectal

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Why would you tho. Thats the question, they hump at everything. Go Mage and be king.
Posted Image
Warsong 1.12.1

#37 Athena

Private

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostAcceleration, on 06 April 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Boomkin's are viable

;)

#38 iv133

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

For high end raiding, its very very discutable.

#39 Aah

Spartan

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Nope. GTFO
Les, Undead Mage (Inactive)
Aah, Gnome Mage (Inactive)
Floating, Gnome Warrior (Inactive)

#40 crotchrot

Forest Troll

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

LOL 1300 dps as boomkin

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAAHAHAAHAHAAHA

Are they viable dps? Probably not. Is there a spot for them? Maybe. 3%spell crit, battle res, innervate for others and they can be the faerie fire debuffer with their + hit gear.