Photo

Prequests for SSC/TK/BT/MH

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Prequests for SSC/TK/BT/MH (140 member(s) have cast votes)

What prequests should be needed?

1. No SSC/TK/BT/Hyjal prequest required at all (10 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. SSC/TK Prequest required but not BT/MH (4 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

3. BT/MH Prequest required but not SSC/TK (9 votes [6.43%])

Percentage of vote: 6.43%

4. All 4 prequests required and keep them forever (91 votes [65.00%])

Percentage of vote: 65.00%

5. All prequests needed, but they should be removed after about the same time as on retail. (26 votes [18.57%])

Percentage of vote: 18.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dengi

Dengi

Forest Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Since some of you may know you don't need the prequests for those intances in this patch. But I think it is retarded if you can start going MH without killing lady vashj/kael'thas and also if you can start going SSC/TK before killing magtheridon, even though the SSC/TK prequest barely serve any purpose (magtheridon are way easier than anything inside SSC/TK).

But for the problem with having them removed are that hyjal up to archimonde at least are easier than Kael'thas, also archimonde is around the same difficulty as well not to mention Supremus and Naj'entus. This will lead to a large amount of players skipping kael'thas/vashj entirely and just farm hyjal for free epics.

My vote is that you keep the prequests and then you remove them after a while, after about the same time as they were removed on retail compared to the SSC/TK release itself. Which will force the earlier guilds to actually complete them but will make it easier for the topguilds to find new recruits when getting deep into BT, just like it was on retail.

BT/Hyjal prequest got removed in SWP patch if I am not misstaken for example, the same would work well here.

#2 crotchrot

crotchrot

Forest Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

You think SSC/TK should be opened same time as Magtheridon?

#3 Dengi

Dengi

Forest Troll

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

You think SSC/TK should be opened same time as Magtheridon?

No, but I think players should need to finish t4 content before entering t5 content at the release of t5 content. But like I said, doubt any guilds will kill anything in SSC/TK before Magtheridon anyway, so it wont really have a impact. I am mostly thinking about BT/Hyjal prequests, since they will have a impact. A huge amount of guilds that didn't clear TK started to farm at least 4 bosses in Hyjal almost instantly when they removed the prequest.

#4 deadeye

deadeye

Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

If you bothered to read anything about this server you would have known that it's progressive and content will be released separately, firstly T4 -> few months/years/decades later T5 -> 3 light years later T6

#5 Egozy

Egozy

Rank 14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

It was discussed SO MANY TIMES

Posted Image

Zoki, after fake casting about a hundred Scorches.

Posted Image

He's everywhere.

Archangel Download & Connection Issues

TBC Addons Collection

Being a Good Tankadin - A Guide

Egozy - Level 70 Human Paladin, Protection.

Kifkef - Level 70 Night Elf Druid, Restoration.

Fearspam - Level 70 Gnome Warlock, Affliction.

#6 Evoline

Evoline

VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Oo
Topic's.
Eerm, nothing we say or discus even matter they decide. & as told, so many times. it gonna be As Blizzlike....
2.0 kara etc etc etc etc etc.....

SoA

Recruiting

-

www.SoldiersofAzeroth.dk

#7 Dengi

Dengi

Forest Troll

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Oo
Topic's.
Eerm, nothing we say or discus even matter they decide. & as told, so many times. it gonna be As Blizzlike....
2.0 kara etc etc etc etc etc.....

If you bothered to read anything about this server you would have known that it's progressive and content will be released separately, firstly T4 -> few months/years/decades later T5 -> 3 light years later T6

The thing is that they manually need to make the prequests matter again, since this server run on the 2.4.3 patch.

They are not changing everything back to blizzlike, if so heroics would require revered, the class balance would be totally different and the blue pvp set from rep wouldn't even exist just to mention a few things. Primal nethers were BoP.

Releasing the raids with blizzlike time between them don't mean they will add the prequests again.

#8 deadeye

deadeye

Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

It has alredy been said 20 times that KZ will require attune to enter, so probably TK will aswell, and why are you even talking about Hyjal when not even KZ is released yet, one thing at a time

#9 Doctrevil

Doctrevil

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

It has alredy been said 20 times that KZ will require attune to enter, so probably TK will aswell, and why are you even talking about Hyjal when not even KZ is released yet, one thing at a time

Probably because we would like to pass time and talk about the server/wow because KZ has yet to release, pointless or not... it's passing time to create relative sanity ;)

#10 Sagbjart

Sagbjart

Stone Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

No, but I think players should need to finish t4 content before entering t5 content at the release of t5 content.

That's how the prequests worked in TBC for 25man raids (except Gruul's Lair which had no attunement).

To enter SSC you need to kill Gruul and Nightbane and loot a token from each
To enter TK you need to kill Magtheridon at the end of the Naaru questchain.
To enter Hyjal you need to kill both Kael'Thas(TK) and Vashj(SSC) and loot a token from each.
To enter BT you need to talk to NPC inside SSC, then kill Al'ar in TK, then kill Winterchill in Hyjal
(only major 25man raid parts of the attunements mentioned except for SSC and Hyjal which directly starts with 25man raid objectives)

So yes; to advance to new content a guild needs to first clear the previous content, and thats how it should work (in my opinion) until atleast T6 content is released(due to Zul'Aman 10man raid that came between BT/Hyjal and Sunwell) or when Sunwell is ready (due to Isle of Quel'Danas + Magister Terrace 5man/HC).

@OP. Remember what the developers have said: Yes it is 2.4.3 patch for the server but content and gameplay wise with raids etc. its still the early patches in the mindset with working attunements like we have now for Karazhan.

Sagbjart - Lv.70 Gnome Mage - Archangel

Stinah - Lv.60 Dwarf Priest(rank13) - Warsong

#11 Gutbustin

Gutbustin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

They should keep the quests because they're pretty easy to do, they should only release them with or slightly before the content is going to come out though. The reason they're the raids that they are is so that when people are looking to do SSC and TK (aka people with probably t4 equivalent gear) would do be encouraged to do them to just get saved to a pug or something. Obviously it's easier to just do a guild run but assuming that kara and gruuls have been out for a few months people will have all the gear they need and a good deal of time until they SSC and TK come out so hopefully and probably keeping them as is will stimulate a few raid groups through

#12 NoSonja

NoSonja

Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Why would people want to skip Vashj and Kael? This encounters are so fun and epic! I wonder why people play this game? This is not retail and everyone just want gear, people are here becouse they miss encounters and everything that tbc brought.

#13 theripper

theripper

Spartan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

poll speaks for it self

LINK TO THE BEST PVP MOVIES OF TBC:

http://www.wow-one.c...t-my-favorites/

#14 Dengi

Dengi

Forest Troll

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

Why would people want to skip Vashj and Kael? This encounters are so fun and epic! I wonder why people play this game? This is not retail and everyone just want gear, people are here becouse they miss encounters and everything that tbc brought.

Believe me, a lot of guilds did that on retail and will do the same here if possible.

A lot of guilds started naxx before killing c'thun at the vanilla server for example, even though c'thun are to quote you "So fun and epic!"

Anyway, since most of you seem to think that we should keep the prequests forever I would like to explain how hard that would hit on the topguilds trying to progress in sunwell when the server gets old later on. Since you will have a hard time finding BT/Hyjal attuned members after a while. I guess the officers from naxx guilds on the vanilla server knows what I am talking about.

#15 NoSonja

NoSonja

Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Believe me, a lot of guilds did that on retail and will do the same here if possible.

A lot of guilds started naxx before killing c'thun at the vanilla server for example, even though c'thun are to quote you "So fun and epic!"

Anyway, since most of you seem to think that we should keep the prequests forever I would like to explain how hard that would hit on the topguilds trying to progress in sunwell when the server gets old later on. Since you will have a hard time finding BT/Hyjal attuned members after a while. I guess the officers from naxx guilds on the vanilla server knows what I am talking about.

I know they skipped Tk/ssc but for what? Pair of gloves nad few offpices. When sunwell hits it's ok to remove the prequest for obvious reasons, but until than keep it.

#16 Shitaji

Shitaji

Scout

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

The only thing I can say at this point is... if you're waiting for pre-quests to be removed, don't hold your breath. This will result in too much available oxygen for the rest of the world. ^^

#17 l00dak

l00dak

Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

The only thing I can say at this point is... if you're waiting for pre-quests to be removed, don't hold your breath. This will result in too much available oxygen for the rest of the world. ^^

YES! Keep making good decisions!

Open up your mind and you will feel it too the Sound, the Touch, the Thought, that you've been so blind to...

Warsong

Geskal - Orc Shaman
Burstt - Human Paladin

Auglathla - Night Elf Warrior

Archangel

Medjed - Blood Elf Paladin