Items needed for TBC instances?

16 posts in this topic

Heroic dungeons require Honored reputation with the 'big' faction in the zone. Hellfire requires Thrallmar/Honor Hold, Zangarmarsh - Cenarion Expedition, Auchideon - Lower City, Netherstorm - The Sha'tar.

Also, some dungeons have a prequest. These dungeons are:

Old Hillsbrand -> Black Morass

Shadow Labyrinth (requires one person to have a key found in Sethekk Halls)

Arcatraz (requires one person to have a key after a long quest chain or a rogue with picklock)

Shattered Halls, same as above.

Also, Karazhan, the so called raid everybody expect, requires you to do a pretty long chain. That starts in shattrah, on to Karazhan itself, than run Shadow Labyrinth, Steamvault and Arcatraz.

I hope I covered it all, if you have specific questions - feel free to ask.

2 people like this

Ty Egozy for this usefull information, it has been 5-6 years ago that I played TBC retail so forgot most stuff, love the fact that here you level fast, but once 70, you have much objectives to do before going Kara. This is perfect for me as I can't rush stuff anymore like I used to do, I'm getting old ^_^ 25 and counting. Also love the fact that it's still only T1 raids, slow is good for me :D

Actually, for heroics you will need the keys, although you can bug in. But here is the catch: Instead of dungeon farming endlessly for reputation, you can try to do the quests in the zone for that faction. You will get a lot of green items, $$$ and reputation. In theory, except Shatar and Keepers of Time, you can get honored with that faction of the zone if you do all its related quests in the zone.

The plus side is, the item you want is generally can be bought when you get revered reputation with them, so instead of endless grinding in dungeons or their heroics, you can do the quests of the zone and get honored with them, can buy the key, and get closer to revered.

Actually, for heroics you will need the keys, although you can bug in.

Players won't be able to bug in or be summoned inside instances once the T5 patch releases. It's already been corrected on the PTR and will be implemented in the release patch.

1 person likes this

Players shouldn't be able to bug in or be summoned inside instances once the T5 patch releases. It's already been corrected on the PTR and will most likely be implemented in the release patch.

Fixed

Players won't be able to bug in or be summoned inside instances once the T5 patch releases. It's already been corrected on the PTR and will be implemented in the release patch.

Yessss. Oh yeaaah ^_^ Bring the challenge on, and Blizzlike. Bug exploiters beware.

I hope this means that people pulling less DPS than the tank will no longer appear in heroics...

I hope this means that people pulling less DPS than the tank will no longer appear in heroics...

Borris, you know full well I will never be able to dps like you.

Borris, you know full well I will never be able to dps like you.

I'm just glad we all lived.