• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 stabme

stabme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

What wep should I try an get prior to Nightfall? Since it'll probably take me awhile to amass the gold to drop on one. My mats or straight AH.

#2 hnilobijec

hnilobijec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Arcanite Reaper is cool too, +AP, but less DPS, dunno what's better for PVP, for PVE Nightfall is the only choice... About buying: If mats+fee < AH, buy mats, else AH :)

#3 Ravnos

Ravnos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

Go for the Unstoppable Force, its easily the best pre-raid weapon avalable and its is techinically a better weapon than nightfall (for your own dps) nighfall is only supirior in raids because of the boost it gives the overall raid dps through the debuff.

not only that but its insanly easy to get, one AV weekend and you can hit exaulted no bother

once you're ready to go for nightfall i would say its probbably cheaper to get the mats together, thats what i did and at the time it was significantly cheaper, this however may have changed since then

also, even once you have nightfall, unstoppable force is still better for PvP

/Rav

#4 vmate

vmate

Private

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

I know Nightfall is a really good weapon, but (to be honest) I think people overvalue it a lot.
The +15% boost is nice for casters, but this can lead to an even bigger space between melee and ranged spell dps.
The shaman heavily limits his/her own ability to deal more damage (regardless of the total raid damage he gives via the buff. Because if it's not on the damage meter, nobody will ever appreciate that as his/her damage buff).
Consequence: Spell damage will be even higher, while those who get the advantage from the + 15% spell damage debuff can berate melees (including enh shamans) for poor performance.

I'm not against using Nightfall on raids, but I don't think it should be mandatory until Naxx. You already give improved str/agi and a +30% AP windfury totem, you can keep yourself alive in extreme situations, ground spells, cleanse poisons/diesases. You can also deal ranged dps, when it's needed. IMO that's enough support as melee dps class. If you get invited to a raid only because of the Nightfall debuff, it's quite likely that they don't really need you at all.

#5 ZalbaarMokThral

ZalbaarMokThral

Legionnaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

It's the enhancement way dude... We're useless in raids unless you're one of those few lucky guys that get it every swing! :)

Posted Image
Kaci is love, Kaci is life.

#6 Blackborn

Blackborn

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

I have a question: do all enh shammies pvp with two handers?

I see they mostly take Ancestral Knowledge.
is there a good way to pvp with a one-handed weapon and a shield for an enh sham?
Posted Image

#7 vmate

vmate

Private

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

I have a question: do all enh shammies pvp with two handers?

I see they mostly take Ancestral Knowledge.
is there a good way to pvp with a one-handed weapon and a shield for an enh sham?

IMO the defensive talents are made for a PvP 0-21-30 enh-resto shaman to survive a warrior's charge, or a rogue's chainlock until help arrives :)
For example: http://www.wowprovid...520300510053150