21 replies to this topic

#1 Pedja

Pedja

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Ok,I got to the DM finishing quest.Now,do I need to do everything like on retail,with circle summoning and killing all those mobs,or I can just use that scroll to summon Dreadsteed?
Reason why I am asking this is that some warlock told me that whole proces can be evaded,and I can just summon the horse after I killed the DM boss...

#2 Pedja

Pedja

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Update.

I finished my Dreadsteed quest yesterday,and I am now proud owner of imba fire horse. :)

Right now,you only need scroll that summons the dreadsteed.So you don't need to spend gold on other 2 items.Kill Immo'tel,and use scroll in middle of his room ( big circle ).Horse will spawn,burst him down and BOOM...You have learned a new spell: Summon Dreadsteed. :D

I had help,lvl 70 rogue ( green geared,nothing special ).I tried to solo so many times,but pet movement in Immo'tel section is really bugged,so it couldn't be done.

Yes,one more thing.Stardust from Felwood.Lots of people asked me how I did it.Well,simple,wait until the damn item is spawned.Bring at least 3 of those shadowy potions from guy in BS.You need 1 potion to get into that cave,then one more to use after you killed that mob and took his heart (since you cant attack him while you are under effect of the potion,and you have to remove the buff ) and you must have one more potion,just in case stardust is sold out and you have to wait ( don't wait for item online,but log off and log back in from time to time).

Hope i helped you. :D

And if any of you still wonder is it really worth spending so much time doing this quest chain,all I have to say is....bitch please,it is a burning horse. :D :P

#3 MorbidMike

MorbidMike

Spartan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Looking to complete it soon as well, just asking, which of the 3 material quests is the one you do need to complete? The Wheel (6 Shards and 25 Dark Iron Ore)? Or only the Stardust quest? Thanks in advance!

#4 Pedja

Pedja

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

I did all quests,just in case.But didn't bought all 3 items from NPC,took just the scroll (saved 200g that way).

#5 MorbidMike

MorbidMike

Spartan

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

I did all quests,just in case.But didn't bought all 3 items from NPC,took just the scroll (saved 200g that way).

This is true!

You do need to complete all material quests, so no gold can be saved there (you cannot pick up Imp Delivery without first completing the material quests), but the materials do not need to be bought, only the scroll.

Once in Dire Maul, the whole quest can be solod! Suicide with Hellfire to get through the door if you do not have the Crescent key, and once inside just walk straight to Immol'Thar. Immol'Thar is impossible to kill solo, but he CAN be feared! So, just Fear him off the Circle, summon the Dreadsteed, keep Immol'Thar Feared during the whole fight and just kill the Dreadsteed, turn it in, and run away. Immol'Thar will not chase you past the stairs. Easily solod in Felguard spec.

#6 jebberjaw

jebberjaw

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

do you think it can be done without a felguard spec? now that ive seen this strat i will return to complete it. also, could you solo him with dots and fears? maybe a long drawn out effort with curse of doom and fear? ive forgotten what his attacks and what not are like. i dont know if he regens life faster than u can dmg.

#7 Pedja

Pedja

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

This is true!

You do need to complete all material quests, so no gold can be saved there (you cannot pick up Imp Delivery without first completing the material quests), but the materials do not need to be bought, only the scroll.

Once in Dire Maul, the whole quest can be solod! Suicide with Hellfire to get through the door if you do not have the Crescent key, and once inside just walk straight to Immol'Thar. Immol'Thar is impossible to kill solo, but he CAN be feared! So, just Fear him off the Circle, summon the Dreadsteed, keep Immol'Thar Feared during the whole fight and just kill the Dreadsteed, turn it in, and run away. Immol'Thar will not chase you past the stairs. Easily solod in Felguard spec.

Well,even if you fear Immo'tel,Dreadsteed also has above 30k hp.And if his fear breaks,wipe inc.Really dont know about Felguard specc,since I am Affliction.

do you think it can be done without a felguard spec? now that ive seen this strat i will return to complete it. also, could you solo him with dots and fears? maybe a long drawn out effort with curse of doom and fear? ive forgotten what his attacks and what not are like. i dont know if he regens life faster than u can dmg.

Pet movement inside of that room is very buggy...don't know,try with felguard,if not,get one more player,and you will do it for sure.

#8 Lalaka

Lalaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

I managed to solo-kill Immol'thar. Go into sl/sl spec, summon your voidwalker and devour it for the +2% health every so many seconds. Dot Immol'thar and put curse of exhaustion on him. Then you continue by running around the room, on the first part of the stair or so. Keep refreshing your dots and curse of exhaustion until he is dead, if he comes too close just death coil him.
You can ignore the eyes cuz they will chase you as well.

#9 MorbidMike

MorbidMike

Spartan

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Well,even if you fear Immo'tel,Dreadsteed also has above 30k hp.And if his fear breaks,wipe inc.Really dont know about Felguard specc,since I am Affliction.

I personally had no problems with keeping Immol'thar feared. The biggest issue I had (and which NEARLY wiped me) was that I had to give the Felguard some aggro on the Dreadsteed before nuking it down (I used Curse of Weakness on it to relieve some of the damage my FG was taking, Dreadsteed does hit fairly hard), and I had to Health Funnel afterwards, leaving me with fewer HP to Life Tap from. I ended the fight with almost no HP and completely OOM. It is doable but Lalaka's solution probably is easier.

#10 marsea

marsea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

If one were to do the epic mount quest, would they have to train epic riding still before getting flying?

#11 Noburu

Noburu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

If one were to do the epic mount quest, would they have to train epic riding still before getting flying?

No you get the epic skill also upon completetion of the quest.

I just completed this today with help of a hunter to make things go faster. Want to note a couple of things.

One just go DM East first and kill the Imp for the key. Hes the first mob inside and isnt scripted on this server so you simply have to kill him for the key, no chasing.

Second if you soulstone yourself, then fear Immo'tel, then summon the horse, you can die, then res and pull the horse BY HIMSELF if you wait for him to path away from Immo'tel. Easy peasy no chain fear and all that shit.

#12 Bubblebabble

Bubblebabble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Can someone make a list of things that you have to do/dont have to do?

So far from what I can gather:

1. You have to complete all the material quests.
2. You do not have to buy all the items
3. You do have to go to jaednar
4. All you need is the Glyph to summon the dreadsteed once you have completed the quests

Do you have to make the trip to scholo then is my main question?

#13 Cynethen

Cynethen

Stone Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Yes you do. Kill the imp that spawns, loot the thingie and you're off to the last part where you only need the glyph and summon the horsie, kill it and complete the quest. :>

Posted Image

Harmi

Warlock CL Support

<Kaamos>

#14 Bubblebabble

Bubblebabble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

can you run past most of the mobs in scholo? how do u get through the door?

#15 Cynethen

Cynethen

Stone Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Nah, you do need a full group and although there are ways to get through, I'd suggest just taking the time to kill Rattlegore for the key.

Posted Image

Harmi

Warlock CL Support

<Kaamos>

#16 Drae

Drae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

If you play it smart, you can solo the Scholo part, I did that. Kill rattlegore -> kill the required boss.

And to summon the horsie, you only need the scroll. As of killing Immotar, its easy. Fear him and cast shadow bolt -> repeat. Also a nice thing is to use voidwalker in the beginning to have it tanked for a while, and then the sacrifice absorbtion. After my sacrifice shield ran out, I used Fel Domination and instantly summoned succubus for +15 % dam. All of this I did as deep destruction SB spam spec.
I'm a Jewelcrafter / Enchanter, poke me if you can use my skills:
Gems
STAR OF ALUNE: Lustrous, Solid
TALASITE: Talasite, Talasite, Talasite, Talasite
NOBLE TOPAZ: Glinting, Inscribed, Luminous, Potent, Veiled, Wicked
NIGHTSEYE: Balanced, Glowing, Infused, Royal, Shifting, Sovereign, (as of Purple I can also do Purified Shadow Pearl)
LIVING RUBY: Bold, Bright, Delicate, Runed, Teardrop
DAWNSTONE: Great, Rigid, Smooth, Thick, Mystic
METAGEM: Brutal Earthstorm, Insightful Earthstorm, Powerful Earthstorm, Swift Skyfire, Tenacious Earthstorm, Thundering Skyfire, Relentless Earthstorm

Enchants
CHEST: Exceptional Stats, Exceptional Health
FEET: None viable
WRIST: Assult, Brawn
HANDS: 20 SP & 15 Spell Hit
BACK: Greater Agility
WEAPON: Battlemaster, Major Healing
2H WEAPON: Savagery
SHIELD: Resilience

MISCELLANEOUS:
The Natural Ward, The Frozen Eye

#17 Cynethen

Cynethen

Stone Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

I've just now realised that I've replied to 2.4.3 forums with how I know it works on Warsong.. so please, ignore what I said as I've never done this mount quest on Archangel. >.<

Posted Image

Harmi

Warlock CL Support

<Kaamos>

#18 Drae

Drae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

HAH! Fail :)
Gems
NIGHTSEYE: Balanced, Glowing, Infused, Royal, Shifting, Sovereign, (as of Purple I can also do Purified Shadow Pearl)
METAGEM: Brutal Earthstorm, Insightful Earthstorm, Powerful Earthstorm, Swift Skyfire, Tenacious Earthstorm, Thundering Skyfire, Relentless Earthstorm

Enchants

MISCELLANEOUS:

#19 Seqter

Seqter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Ok, so do we have to do the Scholo part on 2.4.3?

#20 Drae

Drae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Yes you do :)

Get in there, kill Rattlegore for the key and kill the lich.
Gems

Enchants

MISCELLANEOUS: