9 replies to this topic

#1 Pippi

Pippi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hey there
I got a little issue here, and i would like to hear how the policy is/warn u guys regarding this.

So me and a couple of friends decided to go have a shot at a Kara pug. We spend a well amount of time, setting up a grp of decent ppl and getting a nice setup in order to buff the raid as much as possible. Unluckily we decided to invite this guy "Fyrefly" a boomkin druid. He was geared and seemed to have a clue, but little did we know.. After clearing 1st and 2nd boss with no troubles, "Fyrefly" decided to go AFK without a word, just before "Maiden of Virtue". After several minutes of whispering, turning out in no response, we decided to kick the guy and replace him with another dps. We thought for ourselves "No problem, the raid will continue at the same phase as before". But.. Fyrefly didn't get ported out of the raid instance, which meant that we weren't able to summon the new DPS. "Fyrefly" was still taking up a slot in the raid instance. Bummer! "Well, f*** that, we'll clear to opera and w8 for the guy to get kick out, due to being AFK for too long". While clearing i kept /who Fyrefly, to see if the guy was still zoned in, and i kept whispering him kindly to leave the instance, cuz he was still occupying a spot in the instance. I kept getting the "auto-msg" that he was AFK, but after some time, it didn't give the AFK msg any more, but he still didn't respond. That made me think "This guys must be doing this on purpose". Cuz after some time, it changed back to AFK again... :s
Again we decided to move on, and start the "Opera event". Sadly we f***ed up, and wiped on this. Now, here is the worst part. After all of us released, and tried to run back in, we weren't able to enter the instance. The msg "Can't enter instance while encounter in progress" (Or whatever it's called"). Im not 100% sure about this, it might be a bug as well, but i got the impression that we weren't able to enter the raid, cuz the druid was still in there, causing the "Encounter still in progress".

After several more kind whispers to the druid, encouraging him to leave, we saw no other choice than despanding the grp, cuz ppl had otherthings to attend to. I would love to hear what the policy is regarding things like this? Is it allowed to get 9 other ppl saved, just cuz u are too unmature to care for other ppl? Sadly we didn't think about taking screenies or running fraps, but i got 9 other ppl who will be able to confirm this, and retell the exact same story. I will be able to provide Raid ID if needed as well.

Before ppl start saying stuff like "Why didn't u just make a ticket, or contact a GM?" - We made a ticket, and tried to contact GM's through world chat, but we got no respons. Im perfectly fine with this, as we dnt pay for any services, ergo we can't expect assistance 24/7.

Guess this post is a mix of Rage, a warning about this guy "Fyrefly" and a ban appeal. Hope there will be taken some kind of action, or that ppl will be aware of this guy Fyrefly.

- Cheers Pippi.

After rethinking this, i think this post should be moved, im sry for posting in the wrong section.

Edited by Stankylegz, 20 July 2012 - 05:36 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Vulcan

Vulcan

Warlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

That is sad , hope the guy gets banned for a week or something to learn lesson.
ACTIVE
Vulcanix | [60] Restoration Druid | Emerald Dream 1.12.1 [Horde]
Vulcanix | [60] Elemental Shaman | Al'Akir 1.12.1 [Horde]
Psylogic | [60] Arcane/Frost Mage | Warsong 1.12.1 [Alliance]
Vulcenix | [70] Beastmaster Hunter | Archangel 2.4.3 [Horde]

#3 lippz

lippz

Stone Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

That is sad , hope the guy gets banned for a week or something to learn lesson.

Actually we had some equal shit happening on Warsong with some hunter who could get into our ID over and over again without being in the raid. Guess what? Ninjapulling Ragnaros over and over again.
Level 60 Paladin <Taek>

#4 Marxiza

Marxiza

Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

This is really insane. Hope he gets taken care of :<

Posted Image

Haters gonna hate!

http://lateralus.forumotion.co

Posted Image

#5 Powershield

Powershield

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

some ppl want to see the world burn...but srsly why has a little minority always destroy the smooth atmosphere, it is a good free server and some disrespect this work of feenix and starting ddos attacks or boykott raids like this case.

#6 Pippi

Pippi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Nice to see that im not the only person caring about ppl ruining the game for other ppl. Hope that this post will be noticed, and that you folks will think a 2nd time before inviting that guy "Fyrefly" to a future Pug/Guild.

- I would still very much like to hear from a GM. How should i handle a situation like this in the future? What is needed from me, in order to take some kind of action in a matter like this?

- Ps. I recently whispered the guy "Fyrefly". I told him about this post, and encouraged him to go post his point of view on the case. But he didn't answer, and it doesn't seem like he cares just one bit. Too bad...
Posted Image

#7 Mukkti

Mukkti

Private

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

Eh, what if his mother fell and Brooke her neck and died? Would you care writing "soz guys BRB" in that case? It seems to me you were a little bit to eager to kick him and I guess after all it was his lock out as well? I would be pissed if I got kicked out while tending to my mums broken neck and would probably act upon it.

My point is, a ban might be a little harsh. But I still understand you are pissed off!

#8 Pippi

Pippi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Mukkti, that is exactly why i told him about the thread and encouraged him to go post his point of view :) I know shit can pop up outta nowhere, but i just dnt think this is the case here. Personally i wouldn't get back to wow and make my char "un-AFK" if my mom broke her neck :D But i totally get your point. Maybe a ban is too harsh, i dnt know. Maybe the way to fix this, would just be to make it so that you are ported out of a raid instance if u are kicked, like in a normal 5man instance. As stated earlier, the thread was a mix of rage and the feeling that i wanted to warn other players and put focus on this problem. If there would be taken some kind of action towards this, i think the number of players doing this would decrease, instead of potentially increase.

But thx for your understanding.
Posted Image

#9 Mukkti

Mukkti

Private

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Yeah :)

#10 Avelmira

Avelmira

Rank 14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Eh, what if his mother fell and Brooke her neck and died? Would you care writing "soz guys BRB" in that case? It seems to me you were a little bit to eager to kick him and I guess after all it was his lock out as well? I would be pissed if I got kicked out while tending to my mums broken neck and would probably act upon it.

My point is, a ban might be a little harsh. But I still understand you are pissed off!

If she broke her neck there isn't really much of a rush, now is there?
Avelmira lv. 60 Human Holy Paladin
Xixy lv. 60 Night Elf Resto Druid
Aicasia lv. 70 Blood Elf Holy Priest
Lunasa lv. 70 Night Elf Resto Druid
Youmu lv. 70 Blood Elf Holy Paladin
Shenhua lv. 70 Draenei Resto Shaman