tanking

4 replies to this topic

#1 influxed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Ok so for the sake of arguing stupid useless things i want an opinion on whats the best all around tanking ( bare in mind i know warr is the best MT drud the best OT and Pally the aoe god) but leaving all that aside who is the tank that is most balanced in doing all of that Mt+ot+aoe.You can add to the ecuation gearing up,threat,stress free Tanking(as in you cant go wrong because it so simple),which one is the easiest to heal,put all those together and give a simple answer

We accept funny trolls,and hating :)
Posted Image

#2 Nimrodel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

From easiest/best to hardest/worst:
AoE tanking:
paladin>warrior>druid
Learning curve:
druid>paladin>warrior
I'm not sure on threat.
And the least stressful experience while tanking trophy goes to ... paladin! -.-
But to answer your question, i'd say the most balanced in the given categories is a druid. Fairly easy to tank with, manages at aoe tanking, is quite fat, and fairly easy to get geared. Also their spec and gear can be used for dps without the need of a total respec which can be very helpful when farming something or the raid just doesn't need them at the time.
But the real problem lies in the fact that druids don't really have a "get out of jail free card". While warriors have their shield wall and last stand and paladins have lay on hands. Druids are stuck with frenzied regen. that doesn't help as much as the others.
Which one is easiest to heal? The one that takes least damage ofc.

#3 Mofoleone

Rank 14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

War is not best MT, paladin is better. Better threat, crushing immunity and the most important lay on hands can save your ass in some situations, and ofc bubble to remove negative buffs/mortal strike effect and thats it.
And yes paladins have mini version of shield wall, when your HP is bellow 30% you take -35% less damage....so stack stamina all the way, everyone else socketing dodge parry spell dmg , spell hit is nice guy.

(:
MOFO

#4 Egozy

Rank 14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'd say the most balanced one is Paladin. If you're good, you can do all of the 3 kinds of tanking while warriors and druids are more limited in options.

Posted Image

Zoki, after fake casting about a hundred Scorches.

Posted Image

He's everywhere.

Archangel Download & Connection Issues

TBC Addons Collection

Being a Good Tankadin - A Guide

Egozy - Level 70 Human Paladin, Protection.

Kifkef - Level 70 Night Elf Druid, Restoration.

Fearspam - Level 70 Gnome Warlock, Affliction.

#5 Sixpack

Photoshop Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostMofoleone, on 27 September 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

War is not best MT, paladin is better. Better threat, crushing immunity and the most important lay on hands can save your ass in some situations, and ofc bubble to remove negative buffs/mortal strike effect and thats it.
And yes paladins have mini version of shield wall, when your HP is bellow 30% you take -35% less damage....so stack stamina all the way, everyone else socketing dodge parry spell dmg , spell hit is nice guy.

(:

Posted Image
Posted Image
ED: Sheepcross (60) Warlock - Alloy (60) Warrior