Changing Realmlist

5 replies to this topic

#1 pokersmoker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hi I changed realmlist to set realmlist emeralddream.servegame.org yet I still get the feenix servers and I cant figure out why I want too place emerald dream someone please help

#2 Astonish

Posts Much

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Dont use the launcher, open with wow.exe insteed
Posted Image
http://www.realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=ED&player=Apollo

#3 mad0314

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

If you downloaded the Feenix client, you'll need a patch to be able to change realms. For whatever reason, they thought it would be a good idea to modify the client so that you cant change the realm list when you make changes to the realmlist.wtf file. I believe its somewhere on the ED website, and it also allows you to log in to any other private server.

#4 Allwynd

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

View Postmad0314, on 23 October 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

If you downloaded the Feenix client, you'll need a patch to be able to change realms. For whatever reason, they thought it would be a good idea to modify the client so that you cant change the realm list when you make changes to the realmlist.wtf file. I believe its somewhere on the ED website, and it also allows you to log in to any other private server.
?!

I've never had problems changing the realmlist of 1.12.1 clients since I started playing the game in 2007.

#5 mad0314

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

View PostAllwynd, on 23 October 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

?!

I've never had problems changing the realmlist of 1.12.1 clients since I started playing the game in 2007.

Maybe they changed it since then, but the file I downloaded about two weeks ago had that situation. I would change the realmlist.wtf and it would save successfully, but no matter what you changed it to the game would not connect to anything other than Feenix servers, not even emerald dream.

The file I downloaded was named "Feenix 1.12.1 Client" BTW. It looked identical to any other 1.12.1 download, but the "connection patch" replaced a variety of files in the main directory.

#6 mad0314

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Here is the patch right at the top of the "Guide" page of the ED website:
http://www.emeralddream.com/guide