#1 Asherdoom

Asherdoom

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Posted ImageWELCOME TO MY SHAMAN ENHANCEMENT PVP GUIDE Posted Image

IntroductioN: Hello fellow shamans. This guide is my intention to bring some advice to new players of vanilla server. I have read a lot shammy forum but did not find any suitable guide for the PVP enhancement , so i tried out to create this one. I hope you enjoy!

READ THIS GUIDE IF:
You dont know where to start to play enh shammy.

You enjoy spending some time reading a guide made from other players.

You wish to see shaman class deeper than it seems :P

WHO AM I????????

I am Asherdoom (here) In retail i was arena master in wrath and warlord vanilla title, always as enh shammy. I enjoyed a lot playing this class especially with friends for fun only, maybe going into stormwind and make a mess :P. I always seen wow as a fun game, not a work. I hate flamers and trolls and always tried to help also low level players ganked by end gaming players. (For me such players are veeery bad mon!)

GENERAL OVERVIEv

Shaman class are unique on his kind, especially in vanilla. Unlike druid and paladin they have 2 dps specs and one resto. They are not strong healers like priests, not good melee fighters like rogues or warrior, not potent dps as mage. So what makes shaman class so dangerous? why choose shammy class over the others??
Simple: shammy can do ALL the other classes job 's also if not perfectly. that's why he is a HYBRID CLASS. if you like a tank roll warrior! if u like heavy nuker, roll mage and so on. Shammy require brain. You got it? BRAIN!!! : if you read all this guide you will understand what i mean

Ofc another good reason to roll shammy is because, unlike other classes, which got a monotone play style, we are funny!!! :P no mater what spec u choose, shammy ALWAYS make you have a lot of fun!!! :P

1. SPEC AND INFO
2. GEAR
3. WEAPON IMBUES
4. PLAYSTILE/STRATEGIES
5.CONCLUSION

1.SPEC AND INFO (flamewar incoming xDDD)

this is the spec i'm running with and never deceived me :P

pros and cons: this spec offer whatever i need to survive vs melee and sometimes ranged (Shield specialization helps a lot vs warrior and rogues, I will explain tactic later on), while thoughness is good vs every physical attack.

Guardian totems: reduce the cd of grounding: need explanation?? :P
Thundering strikes: 5% crit is not that op, still good indeed and needed for flurry. a must have.
Improved Ghost wolf: you can cast gw in 1 second. Still usefull talent, increase your mobility, especially in bg. Enh is mainly a melee and GW is one of our gap closer, so this talent is essential.
Two handed maces and axes: give us the chance to use 2h weapons. burst incoming! ouch!
Flurry: no need to explain, 30%atkspd with 2handed weapon.... /trollface
Thoughness: 3/5 is good. increase a little ur armor giving survivability vs melee. Not a must, but i found it confortable especially when u swap with shield and 1hand vs melee.
Elemental weapons: srsly, just read tooltip and look a little down!!
Parry: More survivabiliy. Take it.
Weapon mastery: good dmg boost. a must have!
Stormstrike: Unlike many shamans thinks, this spell give you an extra attack. DOT! not an extra attack with increased power bla bla bla, is a free swing. the sequent effect is that apply debuff to target which increase NATURE dmg taken for 20%. is our signature spell. take it and love it!
Tidal Focus: 5% reduce cost on healing. You will use LHW for pvp mainly so reduce the cost is a good idea, considering you will not equip INT gear... you're melee!!! Ancestral Fortitude: increase ur armor (which stack with thoughness: more survivability on proc vs melee and physical dmg... and thrust me is enough spam rank 1 LHW to have it during downtime, i will explain it later....
Totemic focus: Reduce cost of totem is a great idea, considering enh heavily depend on totems... 2 points are enough.
Nature guidance: some additional hit never hurt!
Nature focus: is essential to cap it cuz when u need to heal, especially in 1v1 situation you dont have to lose time. a LHW must enter, this talent help you to have delay in healings.

This other spec is the one i l always seen using, it focus more on dmg and less survivability. Is a matter of choice i dont like it.

Posted Image

2.GEAR

Short answer: Warlord rush and liutenaunt when u can. Nice stats and good bonus for enh in pvpenvironment. This mean ignore all except farming battlegrounds. I highly discourage this way because a unequipped shammy enh is useless. totally. N damage, no survivability, you are just free honor for the enemy, nothing more.
http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=301
http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=386

Long answer: If you dont play in a pvp guild, you can abuse pve to get good starting gear to jump after in pvp.
a typical example is the AQ drops like :
http://www.wowhead.com/item=21480
http://www.wowhead.com/item=21482
http://www.wowhead.com/item=21476
http://www.wowhead.com/item=22195
These ofc are mere example, but there are also other amor to wear
[Cadaverous Armor]
[Cadaverous Belt]
[Cadaverous Leggings]
[Cadaverous Gloves]
[Cadaverous Walkers]

believe me or not, i saw some shammy running this set at first approach in pvp... LOL. Is not wrong, but i would like to remind you that u use MAIL!!! if possible leave this set for druids and rogues mon!
The Element
good set that erasse your mana problem, although is preferred by casters...still gives nice survivability thanks to bonus set.

The Five Thunders
NONONO!!! is a CASTER ONLY set you also lose strength and gold! avoid it!!!
Raid sets? no thanks are for caster shammy, not for enh!!! enh is born to be WARLORD! so be it!!!

Beaststalker Armor, I highly recommend this set. Although is considered usually an hunter set, also for enh shammy is very nice, a high amount of agility, stamina and intellect boost your overall damage a lot! strenght is only +20, but still is very nice amount that you can also stack on enventual offset :P It only requires level 53 to be equipped so if you're in a good guild you can ask your mates to form a dungeon group and farm it early. Horray! :P
Here the link with the relevant places from whre u get this set,
http://www.wowwiki.com/Beaststalker_Armor

OFF SETS (REP STUFF)

Argent dawn: Medallion of the Dawn
Thorium Brotherhood: [Sulfuron Hammer] (if ure pve/lucky enough)
Timbermaw: [Defender of the Timbermaw] for trolling in random bg (hey, psst! buy the insignia of the horde!!!)

Replace for main set i recommend
Zandalari: [Bloodsoul Gauntlets] is just too strong! instead of set gloves use this you will not regret!!!

Question:"Hey asher, i just dinged 60, im full green and dont like pve/no guild wanna get me in cuz im not resto, what can i do to gear up?

Answer
Hi, is not all doom and gloom my dear! You are fresh dinged? and so? you can start to gear in many ways!
Example n1: Professions!
Leatherwork or blacksmith give you decent items If you farm some repotation with the factions! Items like [Dreamscale Breastplate] are a typical example of what profession can give you!
Here i list the armor that you can get from faction rep, enjoy!

Leatherworking:

[Dreamscale Breastplate], requires Cenarion Expedition Exalted
[Chromatic Gauntlets], Thorium brotherhood revered
[Black Dragonscale Boots], Thorium Brotherhood honored

Blacksmithing
[Fiery Chain Girdle] thorium brotherhood honored
[Black Grasp of the Destroyer], from Moam, in AQ

I list here the blacksmith and leatherworking list with full complete recipes obtainable, these were only to give you an example
http://www.wowwiki.com/Blacksmithing_recipes
http://www.wowwiki.com/Leatherworking_patterns

Example 2: dungeon runs.
It is linked to explanation be4, there are nice drops that do not compose a set in dungeon. For example, here some good items dropped in stratholme for ya.
Timmy's Galoshes
Hammer of the Grand Crusader, only because looks badass XD
Band of Flesh
Cape of the Black Baron
Gauntlets of Deftness
and now some example from UBRS
Flame Walkers
Dragoneye Coif
Seeping Willow
Tristam Legguards
Bonespike Shoulder
Eye of Rend also makes you looks cool!!
Draconian Deflector although is for tanks if noone of them needs it you can pick it up since in pvp you will use a lot the shield (see strategy section)
Painweaver Band
Shadow Prowler's Cloak

As you can see there are many ways to gear up be4 trying to pvp hardly! With also blue dungeon stuff you are a valuable resource for your teammates! Do not get discouraged, however, because the first impact in pvp for most people is terrible! Nobody likes to see a full marshall warrior tear you apart with your basic gear no? So what elso to do for better gear? Simple! Factions! I am not only talking regarding standard factions like Argent Dawn or Thorium Brotherhood only, but also Defilers, Outriders and Frostwolfs!

The best is the Frostwolf to begin: Alterac Valley is 40man and is here where the lack of gear is less relevant: is very rare that all 40 players are full green no? Grinding reputation with this faction allow you to purchase [The Unstoppable Force] one of the best maces in game for pvp. Free stun on proc gives you some little cc that shaman class needs. [The Immovable Object] is just face roller, an amazing shield that boosts your survivability when you need to swap weapon. [Frostbite] is good to use with the shield. [Don Julio's Band] not only is cool the name, but also very strong on you!

(UNDER PROGRESS)

ENCHANTS: under work I have mine, but are not the top gotta check!!!

Posted Image4. Playstile

COMING SOON!!

5. Conclusion
I want to thank feenix staff to let me revive the good old days, the server community for being always good and rarely bad, helping me back in the leveling days and giving me the chance to make good pvp !
I wanto also to add a poll, please be constructive in comments and feedbacks, i know i got still work to do, give me the time!
I please, repeat, PLEASE, ask you all to do not troll or spam here, is a topic i created to help all new shammy player and have a constructive discussion with the community.

LOK THAR HOGAR Shamans, may the spirits bless your path!!!

Posted Image

<p>Asherdoom (Undead), Emerald Dream (Active)
Thurel (Human), Warsong (Active)</p>

#2 Asherdoom

Asherdoom

Centurion

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

reserved for updates

#3 Huntroll

Huntroll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Change the font size, it makes my eyes bleed, and I'm not sure its a good idea to write a guide if your English is not so good. Also, both of your linked specs are the same (http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11226005_7_850230135030215s5032041c50100), and its really the best shaman PvP spec. Too bad its 30/0/21 Elemental.

Also, "go for Warlord" is not a good advice for a beginner who wants to gear his shammy...

#4 Asherdoom

Asherdoom

Centurion

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

i worte after the basic gear to try go get warlord if u read :P sorry for font size :P

Elemental humps, every brained player can farm him easy... as enh i overpower em :P
Sorry for bad english i will correct asap is not my native language :P

btw thanks for suggestion :P

#5 Totemqt

Totemqt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Your knowledge of the Shaman class is really quite primitive (to the point where you wouldn't want to announce a guide for it). Also, "They are not strong healers like priests" and "Elemental humps, every brained player can farm him easy..." really just murder this guide.

#6 Asherdoom

Asherdoom

Centurion

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Is not my intention to offend elemental spec, but is true. in a pvp enviroment a priest is better than a shaman simply thanks to his dispels and as ele shammy u have hard time vs many classes. ofc is not an absolute affirmation, and shaman primitive concept what u mean? O.o

#7 Huntroll

Huntroll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Is not my intention to offend elemental spec, but is true. in a pvp enviroment a priest is better than a shaman simply thanks to his dispels and as ele shammy u have hard time vs many classes. ofc is not an absolute affirmation, and shaman primitive concept what u mean? O.o

Lets compare Ele to Enh. Ele has more survivability (shield + NS), deals more constant damage, can heal better if needed, and most importantly is ranged, so you won't be kited 24/7. Enh has Windfury, which is unreliable, and uhm... Improved Ghost Wolf, which is pretty cool I guess. In a 1v1 situation Enh might be better against some classes, but WoW PvP is not about 1v1 clashes, and an Ele is unquestionably more beneficial to a group.

But at least as an Enh you have a slim chance of getting into a raid.

Btw I have googled your name, haven't found any chars with your name and "achievements".

Regards
Jabarkas, 15x Gladiator, High Warlord Goblin DK in Vanilla

#8 Asherdoom

Asherdoom

Centurion

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Wait

http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/crushridge/Snigrot/simple
this was my shammy which i quitted i never used this name i said i was arena master in retail but i mistaken i grammar :P i apologize for error :P

regardin ele you're right, ele bring burst and some healing but is not true that every guild dont need enh shammy. I will add strategy later on and you will never stay in pvp 24/7 in wind fury, also enh if you play ur cd better is not kited 24/7. frostbrand wp frost shock and earthbind ususally help, especially vs some classes you will read in my guide later on. I never suffered kiting problem, dunno which shammy ure looking at O.o
Ele is good, but at top gear is better a mage for the burst. Regarding utility i disagree, we got same totem and while ele focus one some buffs enh focus on some other :P regarding survivability i always play 1handed and shield vs melee you will read when i upload strategy and ns? 3 min cd is nothing gamebraking, usefull but not op. A good silence brake you. Elemental lack mobility. No ghost wolf no kiting basic, frost shock+gw+Earthbin counters many rogues so many enemies have 70%uptime oon you.
In bg point of view you will read my description. If someone prefeer ele to see big number is a matter, but if you talk to the class overall state is another :P

#9 SkuliSkumm49

SkuliSkumm49

Battle standard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

I tried to read this but I couldn't finish because I felt like this was written by a 13 year old over using the colors section.

Tip: use a font 1 bigger than the rest of the text an bold it for head lines, also use colons and underline them for easy ctrl+f utility.

Also only use color to stress a sentence for importance. Use a blue or a red for this.

Lose the senseless pictures.

And also stay away from saying "no no no for casters only" provide better arguments than this.

Also on a different note you can vote for Beaststalker set. It's better than elements for an enh Shammy since it has agil and int on it. Also you can stack the +40 AP bonuses from Beaststalker and shadowcraft sets for high crit chance while maintaining strength and intellect.

#10 Asherdoom

Asherdoom

Centurion

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

I tried to read this but I couldn't finish because I felt like this was written by a 13 year old over using the colors section.

Tip: use a font 1 bigger than the rest of the text an bold it for head lines, also use colons and underline them for easy ctrl+f utility.

Also only use color to stress a sentence for importance. Use a blue or a red for this.

Lose the senseless pictures.

And also stay away from saying "no no no for casters only" provide better arguments than this.

Also on a different note you can vote for Beaststalker set. It's better than elements for an enh Shammy since it has agil and int on it. Also you can stack the +40 AP bonuses from Beaststalker and shadowcraft sets for high crit chance while maintaining strength and intellect.

thanks gonna update soon, after i putted some ideas regarding gear but i will put for sure also beaststalker set. thanks a lot for feedback :P

#11 bongenie

bongenie

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

You seem like a nice guy, but this guide is rather bad :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Asherdoom

Asherdoom

Centurion

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

updated and fixed spec links

#13 Nurek

Nurek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

4/10... Next time improve your english a bit and then try to think about a guide which will help actually. As for me if I would be here as shaman looking for pvp guide/pve this would be of more than rather little help.

By the way : How old are you?

#14 l00dak

l00dak

Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

I was just wondering what you meant by "5% crit is not that op"

Open up your mind and you will feel it too the Sound, the Touch, the Thought, that you've been so blind to...

Warsong

Geskal - Orc Shaman
Burstt - Human Paladin

Auglathla - Night Elf Warrior

Archangel

Medjed - Blood Elf Paladin

#15 Tungston

Tungston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

What about giant stalker and dragon stalker? Also the ruined bloodstained hauberk has impressive stats. 15 stam, 19 int, 58 attack and 1% crit. I know the int isn't needed but still.

#16 SkuliSkumm49

SkuliSkumm49

Battle standard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

What about giant stalker and dragon stalker? Also the ruined bloodstained hauberk has impressive stats. 15 stam, 19 int, 58 attack and 1% crit. I know the int isn't needed but still.

Answeres your hunter gear question in the other thread so I won't address it.

Savage gladiator chest is the best but yea that can work for PvP as well as Deathdealer Breastplate from BRD vault. Or Cadaverous Chest from Scholo good luck taking that over a rogue though.

#17 PhilipRed

PhilipRed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

Hello i have some problems with my shaman macros and maybe some og you can help

-How can i make a mount/ghost wolf macro (combat and no combat, or castable and not castable)?
- can i bind in the same button cure disease and cure poison ( and cast the one is castable)?

thanks

#18 E-gorgeous

E-gorgeous

Rainbow Fishnet Hoodie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

- can i bind in the same button cure disease and cure poison ( and cast the one is castable)?

Decursive.

A raging homosexual and

The Undisputed King of Chain Heal

who, however, is definitely the best!

60 / Egregious / 70

-------Egorgeous / 70

Ex-Member of <vodka> <Angry> <IRON> and <Obsidium>

Posted Image

and beloved by all....

***The Egregious Guide to Resto Shaman***

***The Egregious Guide to Wearing Pretty Purples***

***The Egregious Guide to Elemental Gearing***

***The Egregious Guide to Herbalism (1-375)***

***The Egregious Guide to Skinning (1-375)***

***The Egregious Guide to Leatherworking (1-375)***

The X Club. All Hail FatalityX!

Check out my YouTube Channel!

-

~"I don't have to play the game to be TheFame."~

#19 Cownmilkme

Cownmilkme

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

I was just wondering what you meant by "5% crit is not that op"

It's not OP unless You are level 60 lol, those 5 percents get You to 15-18 % crit on level 30, depends on the weapon too. It's critical but doesn't affect windfury that much. It could take up to 50 hits for WF to hit and critical is almost impossible. Seen it 4 or 5 times in 2 days of playing (ingame)...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, shaman, asherdoom