[Beta] Introducing my new Unitframes
13 13

516 posts in this topic

testing....

1st: introduce target's target mana/energy/rage/etc bar, portrait and buffs.

2nd: when joining a RAID group, party frames go away, maybe add an option for this.

3rd: instead of height/weight add a scale ^_^

apart of that:

AWESOME

ps: whats that enable range check 28 yards thing? i dont understand whats it for/how it works

Hello everyone thanks for your feedback.

I never understood why somebody needs target's target's target but it will be in the next version. That said it will only consist of health and power bar since the UI environment doesn't receive information about those ones automatically through the event system. That means i have to read out and refresh the values very often. This impacts performance. This also means no portrait wich would flicker because of the heavy refreshing.

There will be an option to hide the party in raids or not.

How about height, width AND a scaling factor? :o

More visual options? How about some of the texture options from X-Perl? I can steal them! ^_^ Also Portrait in "Bar Style".

Raidframes? Raidframes... RAIDFRAMES!!! ok... i will do them.

Also i will follow the X-Perl principle and completly rewrite the event handling to a global "catches all and hands them to the corresponding frames" system. This should even more improve performance.

So it will be quite a bit of work before the next version is ready. But stay around because it will be awesome. :o

nice job, but it doesnt show spells like mind flay ecc :C

make an option to able/disable party frames

make raid frames

fix challening

and everybody will love you!

nice job, but it doesnt show spells like mind flay ecc :C

fix challening

I don't know what you are talking about. The vanilla wow api doesn't provide the name of the spell currently channeled.

EYhNdV4.jpg

Ubc7IxT.jpg

am I doing something wrong? Or maybe it's the castbar addon? Your addons works for everything except mind flay to me ^_^

i meant channeling btw ahahah*

Ok i have been able to reproduce the bug. It seems when you spec into stuff that applies more than the mindflay debuff (blackout, shadow weaving) then a SPELLCAST_STOP is send right after the start. This applies only to mindflay.... working on a fix.

*edit*

Ok i have found and fixed the problem. the new version is linked in the original post or you can download it here

I won't be fixing small stuff immediately because there will be a big rewrite which will most likely force you to reset your settings because so much in the internal structure will be changing. In this case however i see the point. So have fun ^_^

Edited by Rhenah

I never understood why somebody needs target's target's target but it will be in the next version. That said it will only consist of health and power bar since the UI environment doesn't receive information about those ones automatically through the event system. That means i have to read out and refresh the values very often. This impacts performance. This also means no portrait wich would flicker because of the heavy refreshing.

More visual options? How about some of the texture options from X-Perl? I can steal them! ^_^ Also Portrait in "Bar Style".

Also i will follow the X-Perl principle and completly rewrite the event handling to a global "catches all and hands them to the corresponding frames" system. This should even more improve performance.

So it will be quite a bit of work before the next version is ready. But stay around because it will be awesome. :o

I love you.

Also, how did you get those sexy nameplates?

<3 Love you more than the dude above :o

Also, how did you get those sexy nameplates?

its name is "Custom Nameplates by Bonho"

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/30897-its-here-a-nameplate-addon/

this one is pretty good too :o

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/39450-customnameplates-classcolor-by-bryn/

*credits to the respective persons who created these addons*

The main reason I say raid frames is the ones provided atm either don't update in realtime (GRID) or the others don't look as nice (Anything not Grid) Would like to see something like grid but not grid also something that shows debuffs, Class Roles etc...

Kyn_combat_ui.jpg

Something like this...

Let me know if you would like help, I wouldn't mind trying to help with that.

<3 Love you more than the dude above :o

its name is "Custom Nameplates by Bonho"

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/30897-its-here-a-nameplate-addon/

this one is pretty good too ^_^

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/39450-customnameplates-classcolor-by-bryn/

*credits to the respective persons who created these addons*

I also love you; ty!
1 person likes this

The main reason I say raid frames is the ones provided atm either don't update in realtime (GRID) or the others don't look as nice (Anything not Grid) Would like to see something like grid but not grid also something that shows debuffs, Class Roles etc...

Kyn_combat_ui.jpg

Something like this...

Let me know if you would like help, I wouldn't mind trying to help with that.

Not sure if you are going to be able to get those class roll thingies, that is something that Blizzard only recently introduced, where you do a sort of "ready check" for your role as tank/dps/healer, and each person is forced to pick one. This easily helps you keep track of who is doing what etc (and I'm sure this information is stored in a variable to be able to be used by addons). That icon is the exact same one that Blizzard uses for roles.

Ll2MQH4.jpgThis is what I played with, like it so far. My humble request would be disabling player or other frames, also option to disable/config buffs/debuffs shown.

I'm interested how unit frames will show 16 buffs/debuffs.

P.s. also fade amount loss of health/mana would be awesome!

P.s.s. also target of target of target :>

Just my suggestions, I'm still using discord but might switch once your UF are done!

Please provide a download link for a 1.12.1 version since my problem is not the communication between clients but the method of grabbing the target of a cast. And no, grabbing the target upon a SPELLCAST_START event isn't suffficent since it still has a bit of lag between the actual start of the cast and the event in which it is reasonably possible that the target has changed. (I hacked a few Lines together and tested it).