Stuck on Handshaking

12 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I was hoping I could get some help on this issue.

I've followed each step on getting WoW 1.12 and setting my realmlist to "set realmlist vanillafeenix.servegame.org"

Getting the WoW 1.12 was a little more complicated because WoW-one did not have a working link.

But I do have all the correct files (to my knowledge)

Every time I try to login I get stuck on handshaking, I've waited 5mins so far and still no success at logging me in all the way.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated because I am dieing to playing on a blizzlike vanilla server that is steady progression

Stuck on Handshaking

Well, at least it's just a handshake. Imagine being stuck in a hug ... with a weird dude.

2 people like this

Well, at least it's just a handshake. Imagine being stuck in a hug ... with a weird dude.

Lmao I admire your humor xD

But this is annoying >.< I get past authenticating and connecting on the login process, but handshaking seems to be the 'brickwall' for my connection

I think you might need to install the "Emerald Dream Connection patch". Not sure though seeing recent server changes.

I don't know. Maybe it is no longer needed.

Check this:

Or try finding the issue via google I guess. I don't think I can help you any more than this.

Hello all.

I was hoping I could get some help on this issue.

I've followed each step on getting WoW 1.12 and setting my realmlist to "set realmlist vanillafeenix.servegame.org"

Getting the WoW 1.12 was a little more complicated because WoW-one did not have a working link.

But I do have all the correct files (to my knowledge)

Every time I try to login I get stuck on handshaking, I've waited 5mins so far and still no success at logging me in all the way.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated because I am dieing to playing on a blizzlike vanilla server that is steady progression

I'm having the same issue. Did you find the problem?

Only thing that im unsure about is they say to change the realmlist.wtf file. but mine only says realmlist, theres no '.wtf'

.wtf is the file type. Likely you do not see it in the file name if you are using Windows.

Some people will be unable to change the text inside realmlist.wtf, so I recommended dropping it onto your desktop and then open it with notepad to make the changes. Then close the document and select overwrite existing file (it is unlikely you can save it as a .wtf file, so just overwrite it). Once it is saved, transfer it back to your World of Warcraft folder and you should be good to go.