Emeralddream vanilla wow

11 replies to this topic

#1 Vengixis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Hello all.
I was hoping I could get some help on this issue.
I've followed each step on getting WoW 1.12 and setting my realmlist to "set realmlist vanillafeenix.servegame.org"

Getting the WoW 1.12 was a little more complicated because WoW-one did not have a working link.

But I do have all the correct files (to my knowledge)

Every time I try to login I get stuck on handshaking, I've waited 5mins so far and still no success at logging me in all the way.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated because I am dieing to playing on a blizzlike vanilla server that is steady progression

#2 Solmyr

VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostVengixis, on 28 January 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Stuck on Handshaking

Well, at least it's just a handshake. Imagine being stuck in a hug ... with a weird dude.

#3 Vengixis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostSolmyr, on 28 January 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Well, at least it's just a handshake. Imagine being stuck in a hug ... with a weird dude.
Lmao I admire your humor xD

But this is annoying >.< I get past authenticating and connecting on the login process, but handshaking seems to be the 'brickwall' for my connection

#4 Vengixis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Any help at all? Or am I just stupid and not seeing an easy fix somewhere?

#5 Vengixis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

I am going to try redownloading the client and starting over. Not sure what else to do

#6 Losse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

I think you might need to install the "Emerald Dream Connection patch". Not sure though seeing recent server changes.
War Effort since 12/02/2015
Item | Amount
Turned in Linen Bandage| 80, Light Leather |20, Thick Leather |20, Iron Bar |900, Silk Bandage| 80, Thorium Bar |140, Copper Bar |80, Total |1480
Stashed Firebloom |734, Mithril Bar |748, Tin Bar |250, Total |1732

#7 Vengixis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

How would I go about downloading since the emeralddream website is offline?

#8 Losse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

I don't know. Maybe it is no longer needed.

Check this: http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/135-1121-wow-client-download-and-install/

Or try finding the issue via google I guess. I don't think I can help you any more than this.
War Effort since 12/02/2015
Item | Amount
Turned in Linen Bandage| 80, Light Leather |20, Thick Leather |20, Iron Bar |900, Silk Bandage| 80, Thorium Bar |140, Copper Bar |80, Total |1480
Stashed Firebloom |734, Mithril Bar |748, Tin Bar |250, Total |1732

#9 Vengixis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Okay thank you for your help Losse. I am going to just try re-downloading the client and starting fresh.

#10 TechnoMulen

Legionnaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

sounds like forever friendzoned
SIA - Slashignores Intelligence agency
If you suspect a player of botting.. do not hesitate to contact me here or ingame @ Slashignore

Posted Image

#11 mescudi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostVengixis, on 28 January 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Hello all.
I was hoping I could get some help on this issue.
I've followed each step on getting WoW 1.12 and setting my realmlist to "set realmlist vanillafeenix.servegame.org"

Getting the WoW 1.12 was a little more complicated because WoW-one did not have a working link.

But I do have all the correct files (to my knowledge)

Every time I try to login I get stuck on handshaking, I've waited 5mins so far and still no success at logging me in all the way.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated because I am dieing to playing on a blizzlike vanilla server that is steady progression

I'm having the same issue. Did you find the problem?
Only thing that im unsure about is they say to change the realmlist.wtf file. but mine only says realmlist, theres no '.wtf'

#12 Voxus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

.wtf is the file type. Likely you do not see it in the file name if you are using Windows.

Some people will be unable to change the text inside realmlist.wtf, so I recommended dropping it onto your desktop and then open it with notepad to make the changes. Then close the document and select overwrite existing file (it is unlikely you can save it as a .wtf file, so just overwrite it). Once it is saved, transfer it back to your World of Warcraft folder and you should be good to go.