10 replies to this topic

#1 zozkA

zozkA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hi guys!

I'm very new to this community and this is my cry for help!

I started myself an awesome troll priest, well knowing that i would probably be healing once i reach 60, but I've never healed in Vanilla before. Back when i played retail i only tried DPS classes, and didn't fool around too much with addons and custom UI back then.

What i'm asking you guys is: Which addons do you feel are necessary, or at least very helpfull, in order to heal successfully in raids (as a priest).

As stated in sub-topic, macros and UI suggestions are very welcome.

Thank you,

zoz

#2 Yoman

Yoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

As i'm not an expert healer i wouldn't say i know what are THE BEST addons for this, but i can tell you what i use, and it's doing a pretty good job so far.
CT_RaidAssist - Raid Plates that shows buffs/hp/mana/rage/energy in a bit nicer way than normal blizzard plates. Also shows when someone's afk, got SS up, got Ressurected, cursed etc...
SmartHeal - Now this addon shows you who has the least HP in a ascending order (from lowest to highest) so you know who to heal first (also shows their class color). This feature isn't the greatest cause when HPs jump a lot , it changes the order rather fast, so you sometimes cast heals on a wrong person. The other thing that this addon allows you to do is to cast healing spells/buffs with shortcuts (like ctrl+left click on a target plate, from the RaidAssist addon = last rank of Flash Heal). You can ofc redefine what spells are going to be cast.

Those are the two addons i use, and i'm not complaining :)
Hope i helped!

#3 zozkA

zozkA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:44 AM

Thank you very much for your response.

Back when i healed as a paladin I used grid, and it showed dispellable debuffs only, or at least I made it do so. Can your addon setup do the same for me? If anyone else have any input, please contribute.

Btw. I know i could be testing this myself, but i won't be near my own computer for a week to come, and i'm far from endgame content level wise.

Thanks

#4 crotchrot

crotchrot

Forest Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:27 AM

Use PerfectRaid along with DeuceCommander for an easy "GUI" to config

http://www.machiavelliscat.com/uibig.jpg
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw6362.png

Can set it to show missing buffs u can cast or debuffs you can cure, or ones you cant (eg Living Bomb)

#5 kutensky2

kutensky2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

I think every healer class must to hame this list of addons: BigWigs(similar to DBM at newest servers), eCastingBar(nice casting bar with time of cast and other knacks), Grid(Best raid frames), Omni Cooldown Count(Show cast cool down), Telo's SelfCast(Redirect your healing spells to yourself if Alt is pressed).
For out of raid life you also shoul use this list: OneBag(or Bagnon), Atlas and AtlasLoot, ChatBar, MonkeyClock(Show clock at the screen), RuWoW(if you're russian :) ).

#6 cyondre

cyondre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:43 AM

Does any one know what happened to healbot? It worked for about 3 weeks then just stopeed and ive tried to delete and reinstal several times....

#7 Clodagh

Clodagh

Ultimate Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:19 AM

Healbot's never worked for me here, or at least not properly - like, it'd work if I target the healing recipient first and then used it, but figured that I might as well just use grid instead if that was the case.... :)

Posted Image

Clodagh, <Pyran>

~~~~~~~~~

Goodbye Feenix

#8 Rhaegar

Rhaegar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

Grid is great for healing, never actually tried healbot.

#9 Robus

Robus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

Healbot works fine if you turn off "Auto Self Cast".

That is, with the exception that the "Cure" functionality (Alt+Left Click Alt+Right Click to Dispel Magic or Abolish Disease) doesn't work reliably.

To Dispel Magic and Abolish Disease I use Ctrl+Shift+LClick and Ctrl+Shift+RClick respectively set from the spells tab.

#10 cyondre

cyondre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:21 AM

Healbot works fine if you turn off "Auto Self Cast".

That is, with the exception that the "Cure" functionality (Alt+Left Click Alt+Right Click to Dispel Magic or Abolish Disease) doesn't work reliably.

To Dispel Magic and Abolish Disease I use Ctrl+Shift+LClick and Ctrl+Shift+RClick respectively set from the spells tab.

it doesnt even show up when i join a group or raid now. it used to work great.. so maybe i just dont know how to work it... are there commands i can use to pull up options for it?

#11 zozkA

zozkA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

Grid is great for healing, never actually tried healbot.

I absolutely LOVED using grid in WOTLK, but all i could find in the addon packs was v. 0.1 - doesn't sound too promising.. Does anyone know if it works well, or if there's a newer version available?

Thanks